• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How many people here use bands for stretching?

Not yet, but after viewing that thread this morning, I might invest in some!

Yep, definitely do shoulder work with them.
Tie one end to a pullup bar then pull the other end with elbow.

Check out mobilitywod.com for tons and tons of help with this. Go through it in order, or search for a bodypart you have trouble with.

I have been using them for distractions lately....

Ive had bands for a very long time, but only just started using them for mobility purposes.

My jelly rubber KungFooGoo had broke yesterday, used it daily for shoulder dislocations... Will have to buy another.

I remember Sherro showed me a great shoulder stretching activity at PTC, I have done them religiously daily ever since!
Where you loop it to the pull up bar and pull as hard as you can from all angles, pause on each angle.

So they're not called dislocations... Makes sense l guess. Just so everyones on the same page im talking about these: Just with a band instead of a broom stick
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33P5AI27eiU"]Shoulder Dislocations - YouTube[/ame]

I've always used a band for dislocations, broomstick looks more effective....?

I find it's the other way around. Broom stick is 1 tension the whole way through the motion and you may only feel a stetch at one specific point. Where as a band provides a stretch throughout the movement.

You can cheat dislocations too much with a band.
With a broom you can't cheat the movement without breaking it :p
Work on getting grip gradually narrower, provides more tension.

You can cheat dislocations too much with a band.
With a broom you can't cheat the movement without breaking it :p
Work on getting grip gradually narrower, provides more tension.

True, but maybe your the least flexible at the bottom of the movement and then once over that 'sticking point' everythings too easy... With a band it'll have tension the whole way through.

I'm gonna try both ways tonight, i ssuppose it depends on where your immobility lies.....