• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Please critique My typical diet as requested

D1cko

Extra Large Member
EDIT: WEIGHT BEFORE CUT, 119kg

Yo Shrek...uh I mean Hammer
Here is my diet, although it varies alot, going by Myfitnesspal ap, I'm averaging 3000 cals per day. This is what I need to shed 0.5kg per week according to MaxB's calculator thingy he posted a while back.

Morning
Cup of V8 juice
Mushrooms, small tin Baked Beans, 2 small slices of bacon, 2 poached eggs.

Usually 20-30 almonds depending on other fat sources
Tin of Tuna in olive oil

Lunch
Usually either a spaghetti with Mince or a meat casserole with rice and vegies.

Arvo
Ranges from Boiled eggs, chicken breast, Rice crackers with Peanut butter, cream chees, avocado etc etc...

Dinners
Always Potato and/or pumpkin/sweet potato, about 4-6 large broccoli stalks, Bok Choi or beans, and a decent serve of steak and/or chicken/fish. If I need extra cals at the end I have some rice.

During the day, always find space for a protein shake with skim milk.

On average I get 220-260g protein, 250-320g carb, 100-130g fat

My diet is fairly strict, the camp food allows me to do this :)

I am trying to lose fat, not really concerned with scale weight, just need the pants to fit...

cheers

Last edited:
what is maxB's calculator? Can you post it up, i would like to see it.

As you would know its comes to your total calorie consumption and your macro and micro nutrients. It looks fine though i guess

I drink shitloads of water, and get 7+hrs every night, I think some people on here take a little while to get moving then it starts coming off, Reddog had the same thing but now he has dropped 5kg...I am not too concerned yet, as my shorts feel looser, just not quite there.

Buddy, max b posted the link in a thread I started, protein/carb/fat ratio from memory...don't know how to link it, I'm on my phone...

Lunch
Usually either a spaghetti with Mince or a meat casserole with rice and vegies.

I find meals like the above leave too much room for error.... Especially if your trying to dial your macros in to initiate weight lose... Once your on top of things you could add them back in slowly to work out what they do for you....

A bowl of Spagghetti Bol can end up plus more minus a large number of calories... And quickly scuttle your weight loss attempts if you get it wrong...

As a suggestion for accuracy.... stick to meals like...

500grams chicken breast
1 cup rice
300 grams Broccoli
4 tsp Soy Sauce

Also... Do you weigh your food?

I find meals like the above leave too much room for error.... Especially if your trying to dial your macros in to initiate weight lose... Once your on top of things you could add them back in slowly to work out what they do for you....

A bowl of Spagghetti Bol can end up plus more minus a large number of calories... And quickly scuttle your weight loss attempts if you get it wrong...

As a suggestion for accuracy.... stick to meals like...

500grams chicken breast
1 cup rice
300 grams Broccoli
4 tsp Soy Sauce

Also... Do you weigh your food?

Just weigh it out like you would any other meal.

Bazza, I have been on it for about 4 -5 weeks, was contemplating dropping them again to 2800.

Nazzy, I don't weigh my food but use per/cup as I most of the myfitnesspal foods are listed, spaghetti is just an example, they are normally marked in weight as they're packed at the camp im in. Normally 300 grams.

Cheers guys

Unless your in a rush to lose weight i would give it another week or two just to see what happens before dropping calories. 3000 Cals for a big bloke isn't a huge amount.

Ok, I'm definitely going to be patient, my lifts are still on track and I can see physical improvement, especially my back! I'll give it some more time at 3000...thanks!

Update for ya's...
I don't wanna get ahead of myself, BUT...I may have lost approx 1.5kg's since this thread started :)
117.3-117.6kg consistently for the last 4-5 days, and a PB deadlift to go with it...Happy Days!

115kg before Bali, still 115kg...waist down, all other measurements up or the same, happy days!