• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Slimmer Dies from drinking excessive amount of water.

Do you believe there should be stronger restrictions surrounding "fad diet" centres?

• Yes, they are a fad and dont offer real long term nutritional advice.

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No, they have thier place in the health industry.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
interesting article deep!

Too much of anything will kill you......eventually!

This is sad though, because so avoidable! :(

4litres is alot to consume in a couple of hours....faarrkk. I struggle to get in less than half of that over the course of my day lol

That's turning electrolyte imbalance into an extreme sport.

There should be tough laws in the industry .. the whole "weightloss" industry should be outlawed. This includes the makers of shonky equipment like the ab circle pro.

stopping here or I could go totally off. :mad:

I like when you go off CC!

I did Tony Ferguson and came off worse than what I did when i went in!

However I have never owned a piece of "fad" equipment!

That's turning electrolyte imbalance into an extreme sport.

There should be tough laws in the industry .. the whole "weightloss" industry should be outlawed. This includes the makers of shonky equipment like the ab circle pro.

stopping here or I could go totally off. :mad:

Totally agree about the weightloss industry comment.. My nutrition lecturer pretty much ripped apart the whole 'Ab circle pro system' lol. Have a read if you're interested.

Ab Circle Pro Review: Fat Marketing Claims Thin on Truth-Dr. Bill Sukala – Exercise Physiologist

Totally agree about the weightloss industry comment.. My nutrition lecturer pretty much ripped apart the whole 'Ab circle pro system' lol. Have a read if you're interested.

Ab Circle Pro Review: Fat Marketing Claims Thin on Truth-Dr. Bill Sukala – Exercise Physiologist

Good on him. I can't believe NZ have banned the ad but here in Australia we think it's ok to keep running it.

Sir Isaac Newton would be spinning madly in his grave in rage if he could hear them go on about "it uses the momentum of gravity" ... OH PUHLEASE.

Your lecturer is a hero! Excellent. I'm sharing that article with my cousin, who I'm on the verge of disowning because she bought one then had the temerity to insist it was working.... :eek:

I like when you go off CC!

I did Tony Ferguson and came off worse than what I did when i went in!

However I have never owned a piece of "fad" equipment!

Haha over the years I have developed some strong views on the criminality in the weightloss/wellness industry, particularly because they prey on vulnerable people and keep them in a vicious cycle that only leads to chronic illness and worse.

Ditto medical and "superfood" "research" ... so much of which is poorly hypothesised, poorly designed, poorly conducted and then poorly analysed and communicated.

LOL I think I'm simply completely affronted as a scientist and human being. :D

I don't believe in more regulation. Surely we have too much of that now. I believe in people taking responsibility for their own decisions. If they are aware that they are on their own they should begin to put more thought into their actions.

You cannot legislate for stupidity but Australia is having a bloody good go at it.

There should be less regulations on everything. KungFooGoo thinks "fad diets" being regulated is one of the last things that should be regulated.

Some college guy died from drinking too much water in a hazing ritual. Another gentleman died from water going to his brain from drinking too much water after having some dental work and the water apparentely made it 'feel better'.

People just need to be educated more, 90% of these diets are fucking retarded and fat single women look for a magic pill instead of getting off your ass and running up a fucking hill...

I don't believe in more regulation. Surely we have too much of that now. I believe in people taking responsibility for their own decisions. If they are aware that they are on their own they should begin to put more thought into their actions.

You cannot legislate for stupidity but Australia is having a bloody good go at it.

I don't believe in more regulation but I do believe in

a) better education about health than is currently available. There is a difference between willful stupidity and ignorance (lack of awareness/knowledge). It can be hard for the average punter to sort through all the information and BS that's around to find the kernel of truth.

b) legislation that prevents criminal behaviour in the industry. anything that is promoted that can do actual harm to people's health and wellbeing should not be allowed. Particularly where consumers are not privy to the information that will allow them to make an informed decision on their own behalf.

Interesting the media blames the diet company while completely ignoring the fact that years of obesity and binge eating would have already left her kidneys in terrible shape which in turn would have lead to the premature shutdown and over saturation.

Bit like blaming Johnny walker for cirrohsis of the liver or Marlboro for emphysema.

Last edited:
I can't choose either of those options because neither represent my opinion.

As to the first option: No, I don't think having even more laws to save us from our selves solves anything.....are we commies FFS?

Second option: I don't think they have a place in our society either.......Having said that though, people are stupid as fuck and will do stupid shit like drink enough water to kill yourself, that will never change.

My opinion is this: If your really that fucken dumb, life's gonna be short for you no matter what. I think people who know their stuff (like many on this site) need to keep spreading the information around for free, showing the results of hard work and sound mind/diet approach.

I feel sorry for her, but how could laws fix this shit anyway, she didn't follow their recommendations and paid the price, poor bugga.