• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
... not just oni lol
happy-i-see-what-you-did-there.png

Grip strength is important just like any other strength. If grip is holding back your lifts, it should be trained whether you're a beginner or elite athlete.
What about this for grip strength.....
Load a barbell up as heavy as you can go, then deadlift that sucker and hold it at the top for as long as you can.
Not only will your grip strength improve but the rest of your body will thank you for it.

What about this for grip strength.....
Load a barbell up as heavy as you can go, then deadlift that sucker and hold it at the top for as long as you can.
Not only will your grip strength improve but the rest of your body will thank you for it.

That is good and is what I do now that my deadlift is below my grip.
But when it is the other way around there is no reason to hold your deadlift back by your grip. You use straps so you can deadlift more and train your grip separately

That is good and is what I do now that my deadlift is below my grip.
But when it is the other way around there is no reason to hold your deadlift back by your grip. You use straps so you can deadlift more and train your grip separately
0ni, you are nowhere the level where you need to use straps, seriously, think about it.

0ni, you are nowhere the level where you need to use straps, seriously, think about it.

Hahaha yeah OK
BRB doing shrugs with 4 plates a side with double overhand grip and no straps, tearing off 3 calluses in the process because darkoz says I have no need for straps

oni now - Height: 178cm; Weight: 65kg
Current training maxes: PP: 70kg; BP: 3x1x75kg; FS: 100kg; BS: 130kg; DL: 182.5kg

5 years later - Height: 178cm; Weight: 65.1kg
Current training maxes: PP: 70kg; BP: 3x1x75g; FS: 100g; BS: 130kg; DL: 185kg

Hahaha yeah OK
BRB doing shrugs with 4 plates a side with double overhand grip and no straps, tearing off 3 calluses in the process because darkoz says I have no need for straps
There you go, now you're getting the hang of it.
BRB going to eat, you should try it sometime.

Hahaha yeah OK
straps are for pussies.

and very advanced lifters.

KungFooGoo saw someone say 0ni was going to be the same weight he is now in a years time... That was what 6-8 months ago?..... 4-6 months more to go, 0ni's on track to gain 0kg's this year.

KungFooGoo saw someone say 0ni was going to be the same weight he is now in a years time... That was what 6-8 months ago?..... 4-6 months more to go, 0ni's on track to gain 0kg's this year.

you better have gained some weight too:cool::p

you better have gained some weight too:cool::p

KungFooGoo is trying to gain weight so KungFooGoo will gain weight. He's 73 on Monday morning (only weigh in Monday morning now instead of in the Pm before a workout.) KungFooGoo 'will' be 78-80 by the end of the year.

I dont think any powerlifter should use straps....

The thread you made earlier lasted for what? 7 seconds? Didn't even get a chance to vote.

KungFooGoo is trying to gain weight so KungFooGoo will gain weight. He's 73 on Monday morning (only weigh in Monday morning now instead of in the Pm before a workout.) KungFooGoo 'will' be 78-80 by the end of the year.

The thread you made earlier lasted for what? 7 seconds? Didn't even get a chance to vote.

lololol i know :p