• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Basic lifting principles - Tension

walt

DuffProteinMan
Good watch, im defiantly going to focus on negatives now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jlwepUQY58]Basic Lifting Principles #3: Tension - YouTube[/ame]

What you all think?

Time under tension is hugely important for muscle growth I think - I am always doing negatives....

Why waste half of the rep?

Isn't Jason Huh (spelling?) a massive advocate for this? He seemed to be going alright with it anyway.

Yea time under tension he never extends/locks out a rep...I do the same...I dont see the point fully locking out or extending a rep, resting there for a split second and then dropping the weight back...your only doing half a rep this way...

Yea time under tension he never extends/locks out a rep...I do the same...I dont see the point fully locking out or extending a rep, resting there for a split second and then dropping the weight back...your only doing half a rep this way...

You see it to often though it get taken to the other extreme though. Doing 1/3 reps on 'x' excercise. KungFooGoo more or less gets the time under tension thing but he'd also assume using full ROM would be better then using 1/3 ROM while staying 'under tension'

You see it to often though it get taken to the other extreme though. Doing 1/3 reps on 'x' excercise. KungFooGoo more or less gets the time under tension thing but he'd also assume using full ROM would be better then using 1/3 ROM while staying 'under tension'

Using full rom is always better than moving the bar (lets say) 1 inch lol...

But normally I will go to just before lock out, so you cant "rest" the weight, hold it there for a second or 2, still under tension of course because your not totally locked out or full extended and then slowly come down/up with a count from anywhere from 3-10 secs....of course I dont do this on every single exercise every single session but I just to do it as much as possible...

I will however never lockout or full extend on any lift...

who is this guy?

I'm a bit of a follower of this guy on YouTube and Facebook. Talks a lot of sense from a scientific perspective and his aim is to basically rid the world of broscience.

Look up his Facebook page 'No bullshit body building'

Using full rom is always better than moving the bar (lets say) 1 inch lol...

But normally I will go to just before lock out, so you cant "rest" the weight, hold it there for a second or 2, still under tension of course because your not totally locked out or full extended and then slowly come down/up with a count from anywhere from 3-10 secs....of course I dont do this on every single exercise every single session but I just to do it as much as possible...

I will however never lockout or full extend on any lift...

KunFooGoo gets what you mean, he'll stick to the basic shit for the time being though. 1 more week left of 12's then a little break then hit 8's for a little bit then.... See where KungFooGoo's at and go from there.

who is this guy?

ian mccarthy, i follow him on youtube, good to watch actually.

I think my next program will have a few days to focus on hypertrophy and really focus on the negatives, and the other 2 days just worry about weight progression.