• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

5x5

Im not saying it cant but at the end of the day it is a program designed for strength...

Lets keep everything in the right sections so the forum is easy to use for ppl coming in....fuck dont you want some more high level plers and bbers around here bazza? lets be abit more professional...

Its not that hard to just move things around...

Im not saying it cant but at the end of the day it is a program designed for strength...

Lets keep everything in the right sections so the forum is easy to use for ppl coming in....fuck dont you want some more high level plers and bbers around here bazza? lets be abit more professional...

Its not that hard to just move things around...

But what if the OP is using 5x5 for bodybuilding purposes. A strength phase or maybe the feel they grow better on 5x5.

A program based around 5x5 with bodybuilding assistance could be a good bodybuilding type program for many people.

Just because someone mentions 5x5 Doesn't mean its automatically in the strength section.

arnold built his base with 5x5

I have never said 5x5 is BAD for a bber I have done it myself...I am just saying put things in the right section lol....talk about making something outa nothing lol

For fuck sakes...

Last edited:
If the OP states that he is wanting to use the 5x5 program for bbing then of course have it in the bbing section so he can get the best advice

True

If he posts up he wants to do 5x5 with no other info then you have to think (or assume) this would be for strength considering its a strength based program.

I feel that this statement is false....since its relying on assumption that the said program was posted in the strength zone. Threads on message boards are often posted in wrong (or inappropriate) areas for lots of different areas. I've do e it myself.

Let's lock the thread.

thread cleaned up
removed all the whinging and bitching and off topic crap

Maximising volume over 80% intensity = maximising hypertrophy gains
Which is why 5x5 would work well as you're doing 30-40 reps a week over 80%
Equal to most bodybuilding splits, only difference is the high rep range will increase glycogen storage

I think the thread was moved, so he is essentially asking why.

Brissiejay, bodybuilding isnt really number focused where a program like 5x5 is very number focused.

I know a BB'er, who has the BIGGEST legs ive ever seen in real life, and he generally squats with 60kg, on a smith machine....