• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Low Carb Nut & Seed Protein Bars

Original thread:
http://ausbb.com/recipes/15452-protein-bars.html

Full recipe + macros:
Low Carb Protein Bars … Working (it) Out | Chocolate Chilli Mango
and
ABC Energy Bars | Chocolate Chilli Mango

These are seriously fantastic. I've been making these for friends and trainers.
I've covered off on a lot of variations for this recipe.
If you're strictly a whey person, then use all whey instead of adding pea protein isolate. Alternatively use micellar casein instead of the pea, for a better texture.
You can also use all pea or rice protein if you are lactose or whey intolerant.

hey chocchillimango (you need a new username :p haha lol)

do you have any recipes for pizzas that are like 1000 calories and have a good amount of protein? (over 50g)

hey chocchillimango (you need a new username :p haha lol)

do you have any recipes for pizzas that are like 1000 calories and have a good amount of protein? (over 50g)

I think the 1000kCals will mostly come from whatever you put on top of the pizza ;)

The sweet potato pizza base recipe has 22.2g protein in it and 348kCals so all you need is to add enough topping to provide about 30g protein and 650kCals.
That can't be hard if you use meat topping and some (low fat) cheese like ricotta/cottage cheese or even mozzarella plus whatever else you like on top of your pizza.

I don't usually detail toppings cos everyone likes their pizza their own way :)

Otherwise, I can think about other options...this pizza base though is pretty good and for a base alone, has a wollop of protein and only good carbs.

PS CCM is a good way to shorten it. ;)

Last edited:
CCM's Chocolate Anti-Ganache

Well, I'm calling this an anti-ganache because the way you make it is totally opposite to how a traditional ganache is made but ...
I'm guessing I'm the only one around here who seriously gives a damn about that minor detail so ...

This is an amazeballs substitute for chocolate ganache or chocolate mousse!!!!!!!!!!! I'm tempted to say I am a genius but ... hell, yes.
I am a genius. This stuff is great. :p

You can make it into truffles or serve it as mousse or use it to frost protein cheesecake or cake or WHATEVER.

Plus it's Easter next week so this is what I might be having instead of chocolate Easter eggs for my choc fix.

It's got about 2/3 of the kCals and around 50% less fat of traditional ganache and twice the protein. See? Genius.

Anti Ganache_4964_wm_4x5.jpg

Macros are provided below the recipe.

Note: I used Chobani yoghurt - it's an extra thick greek yoghurt. It's available in VIC and NSW at Woolies. If you can't get hold of it, use your fave greek or other plain yoghurt but strain it well before weighing out the amount you need. It should be thick like sour cream.

CCM's Chocolate Anti-Ganache full recipe link: http://chocolatechillimango.com/2012/04/16/cho-co-truffles-with-anti-ganache-say-what/

Anti Ganache Truffles_4969_wm_1x1.jpg

Macros:
The macros here are based on using Chobani 0% yoghurt and are for the ganache only. Add in macros for anything you use to coat them or flavourings.
I tend to use exotic chocolate but I've based the macros on Lindt Excellence 70% and 99% respectively. These are both really good and easily found at Coles and Woolies everywhere.

chobani-truffles_macros_recipe.jpg

chobani-truffles_macros_pertruffle.jpg

Last edited:
hey CCM, we've just recently got an icecream maker and I'm looking for a good protein ice-cream recipe.

The simplest ones I've found seem to be greek yoghurt + a large dose of whey + flavouring.

is there anything that you'd recommend?

CCM, this is just awesome, I don't normally comment on your recipes but I always keep up with your creations, because the comments will always be along the lines of "yum, delicious, awesome", very repetetive!
But this is just superb!

hey CCM, we've just recently got an icecream maker and I'm looking for a good protein ice-cream recipe.

The simplest ones I've found seem to be greek yoghurt + a large dose of whey + flavouring.

is there anything that you'd recommend?

I just got myself an ice cream maker for the same reason!
Cuisinart...red cos it goes faster :)

Lots of protein icecream recipes around. I have a gelato one on my blog but it's not icecream or frozen yoghurt.

Have a look at these. These are the ones I think are worth trying. Ultimately, it all depends on what you like.
I'm going to be making some protein frozen yoghurt and icecreams starting soon and will post up whatever I think is really good as well.

1. My KB trainer came up with a couple of healthy ones that don't include protein powders, but are still good:
Healthy Chocolate Ice Cream | Mobile personal training : Greensborough, Macleod, Eltham, Heidelberg, Watsonia, Diamond Creek, Doncaster, Lower Plenty, Doreen, Ivanhoe, Fairfield, Plenty, Rosanna, Northcote, Clifton Hill, Mill Park, Viewbank, Briar Hi AND
Nuts For Ice Cream | Mobile personal training : Greensborough, Macleod, Eltham, Heidelberg, Watsonia, Diamond Creek, Doncaster, Lower Plenty, Doreen, Ivanhoe, Fairfield, Plenty, Rosanna, Northcote, Clifton Hill, Mill Park, Viewbank, Briar Hill, St He

2. I haven't tried these and Anna doesn't use an ice cream maker but i've seen some good reviews. You can churn in the icecream maker for a better result:
= PROTEIN POW(D)ER !: Protein Ice Cream

3. This one is really nice but I'd be using skim milk or almond milk instead of soy:
Raspberry Almond Chocolate Protein Ice Cream | The Healthy Foodie

I'm on it...the bowl is in the freezer chilling overnight for some experimentation this week :D

CCM, this is just awesome, I don't normally comment on your recipes but I always keep up with your creations, because the comments will always be along the lines of "yum, delicious, awesome", very repetetive!
But this is just superb!

he he thanks :)

let me know if you try it out!