• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
reading
Ghost in the wires - My adventures as the most wanted hacker - by Kevin Mitnick

I just bought Hunger Games, hopefully will finish it before I see the movie next Tuesday.
Just finished Saving Cinnimon, by Christine Sullivan. About a US Soldiers dog that goes missing in transit when he tries to bring the dog home with him after his service. For those who like dog stories:)

What are you reading now?
Book Reviews
Favourite Authors
All things books!

I don't read books but I do listen to audio books

I'm listening to the girl with the dragon tattoo

I like anything from Matthew Reilly ( really awsome )

My other fav's are
Dan brown
John marsdon

What are you reading now? Call of the Wild by Jack London and Huckleberry Fin.
Book Reviews: A song of ice and fire: best epic fantasy series I have ever read.
Favourite Authors: George R.R. Martin

FABULOUS THREAD!!!!!!!

What are you reading now?
A Universe from Nothing - Lawrence Krauss
A More Perfect Heaven - Dava Sobel
The Philosopher's Breakfast Club - Laura J. Snyder
Buffy Season 9 comics ... as they arrive :cool:

Book Reviews
Loving A Universe from Nothing ... Krauss writes for both the layman and the physicist and it's fascinating. A really exciting read.
Ditto his biography of Richard Feynman. A brilliant book.

The Amelia Peabody series by Elizabeth Peters is a total riot. You have to read it. Hilarious and a lot of fun.

Favourite Authors
JRR Tolkien (oh sue me, I love LOTR, always have)
Lawrence Krauss
Elizabeth Peters
too many to mention ...

Currently reading Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts, third time I've read it.

Can't rate it highly enough. Fantastic novel by an interesting guy it's supposed to be nonfiction but I think he has taken a bit of artistic license. Still great story from an interesting character, be warned it is a bit of an epic.

^^ agree! Have Shantaram next to my bed & often read & re-read passages Brick! An epic novel, but so SO beautiful it made my heart ache!

Made me want to go to India...so I did ;)

One of my favourite books of all time, is The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo. It travelled with me all over the world & its tattered & dog ear'd & worn out now, but is, one of my most prized possessions. Coehlo's style of writing is like poetry, reading him, for me, is like having an outer body experience. I have all of his books - they're beyond beautiful!

Gabrielle Garcia Marquez, Love In The Time of Cholera...ohhhh such a classic & written with such vagrant honesty & sublime honey soaked literary mastery, The whole of the world is forgotten when I pick up this book :)

I have, usually 3 or 4 on the go at any given time...I LOVE books, we have an intimate love affair ;)

Robert Fulghum - Everything I Need To Know, I Leant In Kindergarden...fckn smashing read & full of giggles & quite prophetic, but so SO true.

And lastly, for now...just really enjoyed Robin Sharma's, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari.
An insightful, poignant, funny read :)

Next to my bed? Always? Shantaram, The Alchemist, Almost French, Complete Works of Shakespeare-Cambridge addition.

And the Golden book my grandmother gave me for my 4th birthday "Little Girls & Their Curls" lol I now read it to my own curly haired fairy child :)

^^ agree! Have Shantaram next to my bed & often read & re-read passages Brick! An epic novel, but so SO beautiful it made my heart ache!

Made me want to go to India...so I did ;)

One of my favourite books of all time, is The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo. It travelled with me all over the world & its tattered & dog ear'd & worn out now, but is, one of my most prized possessions. Coehlo's style of writing is like poetry, reading him, for me, is like having an outer body experience. I have all of his books - they're beyond beautiful!

Gabrielle Garcia Marquez, Love In The Time of Cholera...ohhhh such a classic & written with such vagrant honesty & sublime honey soaked literary mastery, The whole of the world is forgotten when I pick up this book :)

I have, usually 3 or 4 on the go at any given time...I LOVE books, we have an intimate love affair ;)

Robert Fulghum - Everything I Need To Know, I Leant In Kindergarden...fckn smashing read & full of giggles & quite prophetic, but so SO true.

And lastly, for now...just really enjoyed Robin Sharma's, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari.
An insightful, poignant, funny read :)

Next to my bed? Always? Shantaram, The Alchemist, Almost French, Complete Works of Shakespeare-Cambridge addition.

And the Golden book my grandmother gave me for my 4th birthday "Little Girls & Their Curls" lol I now read it to my own curly haired fairy child :)

Ha, I've got all Coehlo's books too! Love him! Marquez too... 100 Years of Solitude...a tough read but so worth it!

Forgot to mention poetry earlier...
Shakespeare's complete works
Tennyson
Keats (love Keats)
Robert Frost ... sigh

and my favourite ... Pablo Neruda ... Twenty Love Poems & A Song of Despair ... travels with me every time. By the bed always.

Question for Bella & Chilli - Have you guys ever read George Perec - Life: A users manual and if so what did you think?

I've heard of it Brick, but haven't read it.

I hear its quite a complex body of work & certainly its set in Paris, so dear to my heart for that reason alone :) Many stories interwoven...when I lived in Paris they would refer to George as l'homme petite historie - roughly translated into 'the little story man' lol But they are a complexly woven & joined series of stories...

I'll get my hands on it one of these days, but I must admit, I enjoy hearing my friends argue over it & I kinda like not knowing, therefore not having an opinion on it...yet lol

I certainly know this is George's most famous works & he has an unparalleled reputation in the literary world since his death. Which is often, unfortunately, the way life turns out....

His work was all only translated to english in the 80's at some stage.

Have you read it? Would love to hear your take Brick?

Last edited: