• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I haven't. Do you recommend it?
Will look it up over the weekend :)

BB & Chilli - Definitely a 'must read' book. Pretty heavy going not something you would enjoy reading if your distracted imo. I highly recommend it, picked it up off a friends book shelf in my teens and it was the first novel I read that had some intense philosophical, ideal questioning life changing type messages in it. Before that I was reading alot of Uris, Mitchener etc Perec showed me a book can make you think not just be a story. Couldn't even explain the storyline to you if you asked me to but could tell you the underlying message.

Tried reading it again a few years ago but wasn't in the right frame of mind and just couldn't get through the first few chapters.

Brick, my friends say the same thing. Intense, complex & challenging to get through, but worth it :)

I have planned to read it for many years. In Paris I had an original, written in french, which I still have somewhere, but I realised two chapters in, it was going to be a HARD slog in a second language lol

Have you read The Alchemist? By The River Piedra I Sat Down & Wept? Both Paulo Coehlo, both incredible books, I promise :)

I can't read books that are figments of some ones imagination.

I like real stuff.
I need to be shocked.

Last edited:
I have been reading the walking dead comics lately as well as the definitive book of body language

I didn't really like the alchemist. Maybe I wasn't ready for it.

My favs
Tuesday with morrie
5 people u meet in heaven both by Mitch albom

the last lecture by randy
the peaceful warrior by someone I can't remember.
Who moved my cheese :)

Highly recommend all the books to increase awareness about yourself and how u view the world

Last edited:
Brick, my friends say the same thing. Intense, complex & challenging to get through, but worth it :)

I have planned to read it for many years. In Paris I had an original, written in french, which I still have somewhere, but I realised two chapters in, it was going to be a HARD slog in a second language lol

Have you read The Alchemist? By The River Piedra I Sat Down & Wept? Both Paulo Coehlo, both incredible books, I promise :)

Will give them both a try. I plow through books at a rate of knots. I am a savage speed reader.........My misuss will read something over my shoulder and I will finish it in 1/3 of the time, she used to accuse me of skimming through, stopped doing that when I started to paraphrase entire documents or quote novel paragraphs verbatim.

Probably why I did so poorly at school never learnt anything just remembered it, applied it in asessment and promptly forgot it.

lol

I'm a speed reader too Brick. Although I have the memory of an elephant, I forget NOTHING. lol

Its a blessing & a curse.

Get The Alchemist. You sir, will fall in love with it, I know you will :)

Any1 read this:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Keys-Progress-John-McCallum/dp/0926888013/]Amazon.com: THE Complete Keys to Progress (9780926888012): John McCallum: Books[/ame]

What are you reading now? Call of the Wild by Jack London and Huckleberry Fin.
Book Reviews: A song of ice and fire: best epic fantasy series I have ever read.
Favourite Authors: George R.R. Martin

OH man.......

I'm EXCITED for you...

'Alpha' - Alaska here we come!!!!???? :p

Devante.

I love True Crime also!
What have been some of your favourite Crimes?
I love Paul B. Kidd's books and Sins of the Brother about Ivan Milat.
I've resad a couple of Paul B Kidd.

The Granny Killer was good.

I like American Authors like
Bob Keppel (The Green River Killer and The Riverman - Also ted Bundy)
John Douglas (The Mind Hunter was awesome)
Ann Rule