• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rapid Fat Loss diet by Lyle McDonald

In the gym I was fine. I set PB's for my 8x3 workouts in the first week. I then dropped back to 75% of 8x3 for the second week. Outside of the gym was where the energy levels were lower. My sleep was bad with this diet though so that would have contributed. Post refeed I just set a squat PB at 160kg (which I got pinned on 3 days before I started RFL) and a chinup PB also. Couldn't quite make the trifecta with the deadlift on the same day but I'm trying again on Friday.

The workouts are to retain LBM while cutting not add though so they specifically say not to try and do too much.

good stuff! Don't forget to post you're results :)

Interestingly, I'm back to pre RFL weight now but abs at 9mm instead of 11mm so I'm happy :) (been crazy hungry the last few days for some reason)

Cant wait to diet down... always been a Keto and carb cycle girl, but im always willing to try something new;)

Flexed :)

2012%2B-%2B1

!

WINNING...

Doubt Ill ever get my bf down this low...

Just posting in here as I'm doing another round of RFL.

Did Smolov last month and ate heaps. Worked as squat went form 160 to 170kg in 3 weeks :)

Put on some fat though as got a bit wild at times :p

Starting weight 81.4kg. Abs accumeasure was 14mm.

I did 5 days RFL last week. Then had a party on the weekend so lots of drinking/dancing. I decided to do a more moderate carb up yesterday at around 2.5g/lb of LBM carbs as I was feeling a bit drained.

Currently 79kg and abs at 11mm after 7 days (including carb up). 6700cal deficit for the week.

Another 6 days to go :) Shredded for Hawaii trip (next week) is the plan.

Just posting in here as I'm doing another round of RFL.

Did Smolov last month and ate heaps. Worked as squat went form 160 to 170kg in 3 weeks :)

Put on some fat though as got a bit wild at times :p

Starting weight 81.4kg. Abs accumeasure was 14mm.

I did 5 days RFL last week. Then had a party on the weekend so lots of drinking/dancing. I decided to do a more moderate carb up yesterday at around 2.5g/lb of LBM carbs as I was feeling a bit drained.

Currently 79kg and abs at 11mm after 7 days (including carb up). 6700cal deficit for the week.

Another 6 days to go :) Shredded for Hawaii trip (next week) is the plan.

Hey JZ have you got a ebook or link or anything you could flick me on this diet. Let the old gut go a bit and need to rein it in before I need new pants.

forwarded this to my sister around 2-3 weeks ago because she was desperate and this is the only thing i could think of.

she's lost around 5kg so far.

she is more than 15% though.

Alpha Moth: I should have said 15% for guys and 24% for girls as that is cat 1 levels.

Kungfoogoo: because of the protein requirements. As a cat 1, you get more protein and hence more cals. If you have higher BF% you eat less. I'm on 1200-1300cals basically. So my reasoning is that most people would not handle 1000cals or less. Some can but I wouldn't recommend it personally.

Alpha Moth: I should have said 15% for guys and 24% for girls as that is cat 1 levels.

Kungfoogoo: because of the protein requirements. As a cat 1, you get more protein and hence more cals. If you have higher BF% you eat less. I'm on 1200-1300cals basically. So my reasoning is that most people would not handle 1000cals or less. Some can but I wouldn't recommend it personally.
I'll also add that someone at 15% can get to below 10% with out the need of extreme calorie restriction etc also.

agreed. (have done before also) This method is a near starvation diet so you'd wanna have a deadline or something for wanting to get the "rapid" bit.

can someone give me some good reasons why extreme calorie reduction is insane and stupid?

my girlfriend is eating around 700 calories a day, and she says "i dont see how it's unhealthy if i'm eating vegies meat and fruit"

preservation of lean body mass. Hence why this diet is based around LBM and targets that.

If you eat at a massive deficit and don't get adequate protein then as you are losing weight, you're body is going to want to use LBM for fuel as well as fat. Lower LBM = Lower BMR = higher chance of gaining weight again when you go back to eating "normally".