• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

taking care of equipment

I don't really care secretly I want my bar to bend so I have an excuse to get ABC or Texas powerbar.

Dude, just bring your bar in and I'll swap it with one of my bent ones then you can take it home and say to the missus, "look, its bent, I can't lift with that, I'd better get a new one that will last longer". :D

I love my texas bars and I want more, but I would kill a million kittens for an Eleiko.

Dude, just bring your bar in and I'll swap it with one of my bent ones then you can take it home and say to the missus, "look, its bent, I can't lift with that, I'd better get a new one that will last longer". :D

I love my texas bars and I want more, but I would kill a million kittens for an Eleiko.
brb getting you some kittens

Ha ha $500 (or maybe more ) for the Texas eleiko I think your talking round a grand. I am sure callan will correct me if im wrong.

Don't worry about expensive gear improvise and make do with what you can afford for the time been.

Ha ha $500 (or maybe more ) for the Texas eleiko I think your talking round a grand. I am sure callan will correct me if im wrong.

Don't worry about expensive gear improvise and make do with what you can afford for the time been.
$2002 for eleiko PL comp bar

I wouldn't actually use it either, just put it on the wall behind glass and look at it.

Dude, just bring your bar in and I'll swap it with one of my bent ones then you can take it home and say to the missus, "look, its bent, I can't lift with that, I'dmi better get a new one that will last longer". :D

I appreciate the offer but applying man logic to wives always ends badly. I have been married long enough to no the result will be no new bar and me not using the bent bar. wonder if I can get uge to Invoice me for a Texas power saw 7 ft long , 20kg and an essential tool of the trade

Just buy it, and let her carry on about it....stuff it I say :p

A man deserves a decent bar IMO...my Texas bar is my pride and joy, and one day I will add a Texas squat and Deadlift bar too.......one day (looks into distance and starts day dreaming LOL :D)

I have both a Texas power bar and an Eleiko Powerlifting bar.
When I bought the Eleiko bar it was $1200 ( before the current distributor took over and prices skyrocketed out of proportion to usa pricing ) and the only other choice of reasonable bar was the ABC at $ 500 approx

Eleiko is great if you are running comps, OR if you are at the level of 350kg plus squats where it being slightly stiffer will make a difference.
The knurling on Eleiko is great, not too harsh, but it's prone to rust.
But I don't think it's worth 4 x what the Texas bar is. Double yes.

I bought a Texas bar for home because it's stored and outdoors, and is practically rustproof, plus more than strong enough to cope with anything I can throw at it. I've actually hosed my Texas bar down a couple of times which I'd never do to the Eleiko. If anything the knurling on the Texas is bit too harsh, no issue on low volume programs, but high volume sheiko will tear your hands up.