• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Would you lift if you were the last person on earth?

Would you lift if you were the last person on earth?

• Yes

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

Franco

Just a question to determine what motivates people. Are you lifting for personal gratification? To inspire, to be comfortable, just to plain and simply be strong?

I just noticed this was in the BB section. I'm going to assume there'll be different answers to this here than in the strength section.

People who lift for vanity wouldnt bother to lift if there was no one to look at them in my opinion.

People who train for life would. If there was no one else on earth, you'd have to fend for yourself - chase & hunt food etc. You need to be strong and fast for that. But maybe that'd be enough training and wouldnt need to lift on top?

I dont think you'd need to because you would be very busy fending for yourself, killing beasts to eat and the like. You'll probably be building quite a bit of mascle the old fashion way.

in that case, and if you had the option, would you use steroids/gh/etc, to give you an advanatge over the remaining fauna?

Exactly. I'd just eat, shit and fap. Sometimes simultaneously.

I work in IT; there's these clients of mine who run a psychiatric hospital. We're on good terms, would you like me to enquire on the availability of a room there for you?

I just noticed this was in the BB section. I'm going to assume there'll be different answers to this here than in the strength section.

People who lift for vanity wouldnt bother to lift if there was no one to look at them in my opinion.

People who train for life would. If there was no one else on earth, you'd have to fend for yourself - chase & hunt food etc. You need to be strong and fast for that. But maybe that'd be enough training and wouldnt need to lift on top?

You are confused dude. Bodybuilders don't lift out of vanity. They lift out of insecurity, they are trying to prove it to themselves. When a bodybuilder sneaks a peek at himself in the shop window as he walks past, he isn't checking the fabulous image that the world is admiring, he's reminding himself that he isn't really the skinny guy in his head. Vain people don't need to train, they are perfect already. In my opinion a bodybuilder would be highly likely to continue training in this situation.

You are confused dude. Bodybuilders don't lift out of vanity. They lift out of insecurity

Even if you're right, the end result is the same. They no longer need to lift if everyone else vanishes as won't care about image, right?

I would for sure..although i wouldn't go balls to the wall.

No doctors to save you this time

Even if you're right, the end result is the same. They no longer need to lift if everyone else vanishes as won't care about image, right?

I'm still not convinced. My answer was obviously based on my own motivations and I believe that they are almost completely internal. I have gone about as close to this scenario as you could get (from a town of 170,000 back to a cattle station with my parents and then to another one where I was on my own for a couple of years) and I kept training. Sure I was still going to town so the image thing wasn't entirely gone but I think it's my image of self that I'm trying to change.

I this as a scientist &/or mathematician. You could be not be any more wrong.

If 'Y' hit the weights to have a bigger physique, their not usually doing it for vanity...for people to give them verbal blow jobs, complementing them on their big their arms, chest, legs and back. Their doing it for their own sake. To have a physique similar to sly Stallone, Arnold, Romnie....folks like that.

When looking in a mirror it acts as feedback to them about heir progress. When people say stuff or look (and admire) it reinforces their belief system.