• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

canned tuna

Monday after a very big workout I left the gym damp and inadequately clothed for the cold temperature.. Tuesday morning get that feeling you know you're coming down with something
As the day progressed, the bus hit me hard and now its pretty full on

What do you guys do to combat an oncoming sickness?

I cut out dairy in my diet immediately and focus on lots of fruit veggies PB sandwhiches and canned tuna to keep the protein rolling. Drinking ridiculous quantities of water, stopping creatine and trying to sleep as much as possible. Having a shower keeps my body temp in check for a bit after the shower
Antihystamines and cold pills yesterday but no difference noticed.. still got raging headache, sensitive to light, body temp all over the place, sore as

Its just a cold but.. what helps? I need to get back to the office

I drink copious amounts if water get heaps of sleep and take a multi some vitamin c and codral cold & flu tablets. Using this method I usually fend off any cold before it sets in

If its just a sniffle like a cold, I continue working out and I recover pretty good from that. Its my way of telling the body to HTFU.

If its feverish, sore joints which indicates full blown flu, then I switch to the nurturing, plenty of rest, good nutrients and vitamins, plenty of liquid. Once it starts getting better (typically a week or slightly under), I reintroduce training back into my schedule again.

I don't know about stopping creatine though. Why not continue taking it?

if your snot is coloured, then water, sleep, keep warm and burn it out.. if real bad, go get antibiotics

if it's clear, then it's probably influenza... go see a doc

remember, Presenteeism is worse than absenteeism... but not if you don't like your co-workers :D

Lots of cups of green tea with a tea spoon of honey and a smidgen of fresh lemon squeezed in (only a couple of drops).

Other than that, what your doing really, time will kill the bloody thing.

You've all got it wrong....Turn off the Aircon, slam down 3 shots of Whiskey, climb into bed, under the covers, sweat it out...wake up 12 hours later and attack the world :)

My little hack is making chicken vegetable soup, and throwing in a teaspoon of chilli, ginger and garlic per serve. Eat this twice a day.

Basically smashing lots of chilli, garlic and ginger in everything.

Yeah, creatine wouldnt have much of an effect other than stealing your water supply, so make SURE you drink as much water as some bloke who shelved 13 pills at a rave.

I dont do anything different. If I do get sick enough its just panadol, nurofen and normal food until I feel better.

Fuck chicken soup, lemon and honey drinks and other old wives tales, that shit tastes bad enough when I'm feeling 100% let alone feeling like shit.

Bazza you're such a happy little vegemite! lol Your posts do tickle the cockles of my heart :)

A cold........Bazza's right. Nothing really helps. Prevention is the best method. Vitamin C, fresh garlic or capsuals, keep yourself healthy, plenty of sleep etc etc.

I get one cold a year. It's expected. But I use every wives tale in the book when I AM actually sick. lol

Plenty of hot showers, vicks on chest, honey lemon drinks alllll of that crap - but in the end...yeah,they do all taste like shit - the good news is, with a cold - you can't actually taste any of them, so we're prepared to take the crappiest stuff during this time in the hope of curing ourselves.

The truth is, the lifespan of a common cold - is 4-10 days, depending on the strain. I have tested this theory with all the old wives tales during my once a year sickness phase and it really doesn't clear it up any quicker. lol

But psychologically maybe, we're just content knowing we've tried :)

I dont do anything different. If I do get sick enough its just panadol, nurofen and normal food until I feel better.

Fuck chicken soup, lemon and honey drinks and other old wives tales, that shit tastes bad enough when I'm feeling 100% let alone feeling like shit.

Yea, I don't take anything for any illness.

I very very rarely get sick, but when I do it does hit me pretty hard. I just wait it out and live life normally. I'm not going to give it what it wants :p

Glad to get that outta the way.. man it messed me around the first day. Was a flu... migraines, sore joints, temperature went nuts, constant thirst. Probably head back into the training come Sunday

Choke down 3 cloves of minced garlic, followed by a couple grams of Vit C, Zinc, Ecchinacea, and a spoonful of Jarrah Honey. Then you need a good night's sleep so deck out 2g Phenibut, a couple 75mg tabs of good 'ol Lyrica, one or two 3mg K-Pins, half a tab of Restavit (to make sure once you're down you stay down), washed with a nice shot of frozen vodka or two. Yolo!