• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Body Image: Which body parts concern you?

Body Image - Which body parts concern you?

• Skinny legs

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Too skinny overall

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Gut too fat

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • Hips too fat

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Ass too fat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ass too flat

• Too fat overall

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Flat chest (guys)

• Flat boobs (girls)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Boobs too big

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guns too skinny

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Shoulders underdeveloped

• Poor posture

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Other

• Total voters
I'm pretty much 100% confident at the beach. Legs are SLIGHTLY small, but most girls still think they are plenty big. Calves are small by bodybuilder standards (shit genetics), but still pretty normal compared to most ppl. And cos my legs aren't huge, they don't look small by comparison.

Could use slightly bigger traps, or be slightly leaner, but all in all, pretty happy :)

I should add that this is the first time in my life I've actually been 100% confident. Was always too fat, too skinny, too white etc etc. But now, I'm pretty happy. As with everyone, I would still like to look better. But there is nothing that concerns me per se.

LOL, @ how many chose GUTS

me too, hate the gut but it just loves to haunt me lol.

At least this last summer the kids didn't laugh at me and call me Moby dick (big white whale lol) little shits did that the year before :mad:

Pretty much to high BF overall, would LOVE to be sitting on 10%, i think legs, shoulders, chest, back and arms are plenty big enough to hold 10% at between 90 and 95kg.

If anyone is "satisfied" with their body then bodybuilding isnt the sport for them...

If anyone is "satisfied" with their body then bodybuilding isnt the sport for them...

Bullshit.

Bodybuilding isn't just about getting freakishly big. It is about pushing your body as far as you can (or want to). For others it is just about health and fitness with appearance being a side effect.

If you want to compete in untested comps, then sure, you need to pretty much have a body image disorder.

I'm not sure I will ever be 100% satisfied per se, but when I go out to the beach I am 100% confident.

There is a difference between satisfaction with your body and confidence in it.

You can be confident and not satisfied at the same time though. You can go out feeling like a million bucks but when it comes time to train again you think you need to work your delts a little more, maybe some more tricep work etc.

If you're not constantly trying to improve then l think you're wasting your time whether it be in a bodybuilding sense i.e getting bigger/leaner/better proportions or powerlifting - getting a bigger total.

You can be confident and not satisfied at the same time though. You can go out feeling like a million bucks but when it comes time to train again you think you need to work your delts a little more, maybe some more tricep work etc.

If you're not constantly trying to improve then l think you're wasting your time whether it be in a bodybuilding sense i.e getting bigger/leaner/better proportions or powerlifting - getting a bigger total.

Exactly.

Bullshit.

Bodybuilding isn't just about getting freakishly big. It is about pushing your body as far as you can (or want to). For others it is just about health and fitness with appearance being a side effect.

If you want to compete in untested comps, then sure, you need to pretty much have a body image disorder.

I'm not sure I will ever be 100% satisfied per se, but when I go out to the beach I am 100% confident.

??? Totally lost me with this post mate...had nothing to do with what I posted....

I was simply saying that if your satisfied with your body then bodybuilding isnt the sport for you....meaning you should always be looking to improve...

It has nothing to do with confidence...you can be the most confident bloke out but still not be satisfied with your body...

I am very confident with the way I look...but it does not mean I am satisfied with where I am...

FooBrah got what I was saying....much love nigga

Bullshit.

i thought bodybuilding was actually competiting

There has always been discussion on what "bodybuilding" really is and what makes you a bodybuilder, is it the way you approach training, is it coz you compete, is it coz you compete at a said level, is it coz you do a 5 day split and eat 5-6 meals a day...etc etc etc...

For me I believe its the way you approach your diet and training and if your goal is to get bigger and more pleasing to the eye (no homo)....I consider myself a bber that has not competed yet....

There has always been discussion on what "bodybuilding" really is and what makes you a bodybuilder, is it the way you approach training, is it coz you compete, is it coz you compete at a said level, is it coz you do a 5 day split and eat 5-6 meals a day...etc etc etc...

For me I believe its the way you approach your diet and training and if your goal is to get bigger and more pleasing to the eye (no homo)....I consider myself a bber that has not competed yet....

a bodybuilder is someone who competes...

brb calling myself a sprinter just because i do sprints

a bodybuilder is someone who competes...

Thats what I mean mate...so many diff views and ideas on what it is...I have seen many forum discussions/fights go on for days with ppl saying its this or that...its totally upto the person to make their own choice on the matter...

Like lets say for example there is a 250lb guy, totally shredded, huge, looks like a pro but doesnt compete but lives the bbing "lifestyle"...does that make him not a bber?

Its a tough thing...and like I said everyone has their own idea on the matter...

Yes you would call yourself a sprinter if you sprint.

What, you can't tell the difference between doing something recreationally or competitively?

FFS, how retarded are some people.

Here is the definition of bodybuilding:

The process of developing the musculature of the body through specific types of diet and physical exercise, such as weightlifting, especially for competitive exhibition.

It is by no way exhaustively referring to competition only. That would make you a COMPETITIVE bodybuilder.