• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powerlifting posting in Bodybuilding Forum

Not having a go at anyone here but jusy out of curiousity, why do alot of powerlifting style trainers post in this forum and not the powerlifting forum?

what type of posting are you talking about though? trolling? off topic? suggesting training programs? training methods? etc...

id say a lot of it is from people not realizing its in the bbing forum (read unread posts button)

l think he means why do a lot of people post powerlifting style questions in the bodybuilding sub forum instead of the powerlifting sub forum. Could be wrong though.

I do think this site needs a little bit more BB to it though...

l think he means why do a lot of people post powerlifting style questions in the bodybuilding sub forum instead of the powerlifting sub forum. Could be wrong though.

I do think this site needs a little bit more BB to it though...
if thats it id just say it was a mistake lol

the site isnt a strictly bodybuilding only forum.... its basically a general lifting forum

Proraw boring aa batshit.

I came here because i wanted to compete in Figure.
might be boring but its a good info source for PL, a lot of info from experienced powelifters

and its only boring because theres about half as much shit talk over there compared to here lol (can be good and bad at same time)

and thats mainly y i post here more, a lot more general conversation

The way I see it is this section "bodybuilding training" is for bodybuilding talk, the strength section is for strength/powerlifting talk...

I have no idea why this is so hard to understand....

There are some ppl on this forum that are very narrow minded and/or lack knowledge (I would say both) of bbing training so they just straight away suggest a strength style plan when ppl ask about training in the bbing section....

I urge ppl if you dont know about bbing training then dont post strength style training programs...it confuses ppl and confuses the section with alot of unwanted and mis-informed info....

If ppl want to know about strength training then the section is there....this forum is a very simple lay out...and I would say 99.9% of ppl can navagate to the right section....

Deep I think Darkoz ment the strength section....

I 1000% agree with you Darkoz...there needs to be a clear difference between the 2 sections or ppl will just get confused and either be doing the wrong shit in the gym or just not use this forum for info....

Proraw boring aa batshit.

I came here because i wanted to compete in Figure.

Absolutely. Its all strength training.

If you want to compete in figure then you better start to understand there is a huge diff from bbing training and strength/powerlifting training....

EDIT: If we want new ppl to keep coming to this forum (ausbb as a whole) then we need the right info in the right places so its easy to access....lets be somewhat professional about how we go about things and not just put everything into one basket...as anyone with any knowledge of strength training and bbing training they are 2 totally diff things...

Last edited:
Absolutely. Its all strength training.
0a564cc5-d163-4d9a-8fa2-5d8ce6d1bc6a.jpg

Sorry
I didn't mean to post beginner routines in the bb section.
Is there a sticky of beginner bb lifts available?

Sorry
I didn't mean to post beginner routines in the bb section.
Is there a sticky of beginner bb lifts available?
some say it is good to build a solid strength base b4 moving into a split.... and i believe the beginners program is all 3x8-10 reps so its not like you have told someone to go do 3x5 lol