• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powerlifting posting in Bodybuilding Forum

Wtf????
October2011, came to Ausbb to learn more about isolation exercises to build for figure comp....
if anyone has read anything that i have posted in the last 3 months its about training for powerlifting comp this year.....

I would just like to say and this isnt a dig at the mods....that if you yourself dont know much about training/or the section your going to post in then maybe think twice about posting in it...coz it makes you look abit silly and also makes the forum look abit noobish....

If a pretty advanced lifter/bodybuilder read this thread right now...and saw what diff mods were posting then id say they would have a good laugh and go find another forum....

Dont you think its a little strange that there are no real advanced lifters/bbers on this forum but plenty on other diff aussie forums??? mmmm

I hope Gavin sticks around coz he is a great bber...

Wtf????
October2011, came to Ausbb to learn more about isolation exercises to build for figure comp....
if anyone has read anything that i have posted in the last 3 months its about training for powerlifting comp this year.....
just discombobulated me LOL
didnt you just say you wanted to compete in figure??

Wtf????

So you understand its not "all strength training" then??

There is a clear difference between bodybuilding and strength training...

^^^ Huh? KungFooGoo has missed your point l think.

My goal when i lost weight was to compete in figure, since i built a truckload of muscle.
But I changed my mind in January and decided to strength train for powerlifting comps.

So you understand its not "all strength training" then??

There is a clear difference between bodybuilding and strength training...

Its all weights.... gimme powerbands, kettlebells and kipping pullups anyday:D

Ahh gotchya, KungFooGoo understands now. That was directed at post #27....

Not #28 which im 99% sure was sarcastic

Joel, your just being bloody pedantic lately.
We all lift iron but have different goals.

I train mainly for asthetics but do incorporate PL principles, in other words I like both.

people change from one to the other all the time, Deep originally wanted to improve herself for figure comps but then got the taste for PL. What of it?

EDIT: posted concurrently LOL

Simple way to end this:

Bodybuilding section = bodybuilding stuff

Strength section = strength related stuff, such as powerlifting, oly lifting, strongman

Simple way to end this:

Bodybuilding section = bodybuilding stuff

Strength section = strength related stuff, such as powerlifting, oly lifting, strongman
Agreed, but that does not mean a PL does not have understanding of BB principles and vice versa.

Joel, your just being bloody pedantic lately.
We all lift iron but have different goals.

I train mainly for asthetics but do incorporate PL principles, in other words I like both.

people change from one to the other all the time, Deep originally wanted to improve herself for figure comps but then got the taste for PL. What of it?

EDIT: posted concurrently LOL

So you dont agree you should train for your goals? of course you can incorporate things from diff areas into your training...that being if it doesnt affected the program for the set goal...

I am just trying to help ppl out mate - I agree when your a fairly advanced lifter or have a good knowledge of programing then of course start to add, take bits out of diff programs...

But for a beginner they need to have a set program that is designed for the goal at hand...I dont know why ppl dont understand this or take come to terms with this simple mind-set...lol

Agreed, but that does not mean a PL does not have understanding of BB principles and vice versa.

Mate I understand this - If a PL comes into the bbing section and has a good understanding of bbing then offer the bbing advice...not the strength/pling advice...

I have a good knowledge of both strength and bbing - both programing and just general knowledge about the industrys...I have never once gone into the strength section though and given advice to someone where I tell them to do something to do with bbing....

Since I train by myself all I know what has been working for me. I have seen best results looks wise by only worrying about increasing strength on the lifting side of things and let diet take care of low body fat.

Since I train by myself all I know what has been working for me. I have seen best results looks wise by only worrying about increasing strength on the lifting side of things and let diet take care of low body fat.

I dont think its really about what works for the individual or not its simply about having the right info in the right sections...then ppl can pick or choose whatever they like...but as a baseline we should just have everything in the right sections...then its upto the individual to work out what they want...

I dont think its really about what works for the individual or not its simply about having the right info in the right sections...then ppl can pick or choose whatever they like...but as a baseline we should just have everything in the right sections...then its upto the individual to work out what they want...

Agree.
I lift purely for strength but I read and reply to stuff in the BB section because like most people i still want to look good.

Most people posting here are not in one extreme or the other, purely BB or PL, most people lifting want a bit of both. Get stronger as well as get bigger muscles this is where the confusion is coming from.

Alright i'll stay out of here and let the new guys waste time on the leg extension machine instead of squatting.

I miss the days on here when top quality advice was always offered, and people were put on a solid start.

Now we have people who see the word squat or deadlift in a routine and straight away go, its a powerlifting routine.