• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

only a few last sets to failure?

fqqs

for example i do 4 sets 6-10 reps with the same weight

i do db incline press:

1st set: 10 reps (probably could have done 2-3 more)
2nd set: 10 reps (struggling with this one but probably could have done 1-2 reps more)
3rd set: 9 reps (really hard set, struggling for a couple of seconds with 9th rep but barely completed it by myself)
4th set: 9 reps (very hard set, done 7 reps by myself, used little partner ssistance for last 2 reps)

next workout if i hit 10,10,10,10 reps each set, ill add weight next time

do you think it is good method?

my routine looks like this:

MONDAY:
Squats 5x5-10
Leg Extensions: 3x15
Stiff leg Deads 4x10

TUESDAY:
Incline DB Press 4x6-10
Weighted Dips 4x6-10
Cambered bar Skullcrushers 4x6-10

THURSDAY:
Weighted Chins 3x4-6
BB Rows 3x6-8
Deadlifts 3x8-10
BB Curl 4x8-12

FRIDAY:
Seated BB Press 3x6
Seated DB Press 2x8-10
Seated Calf Raise 2x15 (or just 4 sets standing and no seated)
Standing Calf Raise 2x10

Yeh that would work IMO. Although I would bump the weight up before 4x10 is reached, i.e; training to a set number is OK, but I think its better to train to number range. For instance 5-8 reps (as an example only, use whatever floats your boat), and as long as your last set is within the range you can bump up the weight. But your way would work as good IMO, I just like to add more sooner lol.

Your routine is different to what I would do, but than again I'm not you lol. As long as it fulfills your requirements.

G

too low volume, yes?

Volume is neither here nor there for me TBH, because it all depends on what your are trying to achieve. I was more looking at your exercise selection. But like I said, I am not you, and as long as that routine is working for you than go for it. There is no such thing as a perfect routine period.

I have my own style of self created routine making, and basically it is just do the big 4 lifts; Deads, Flat bench, Squats and SOHP/military press (whatever you wana call it), than add in assistance work that is working on what your week areas are and also establishing a balance to your workouts/creating muscle where its needed to gain strength in the big 4.

But thats me, not you, you do whatever the FUCK you wanna do LOL :p (I'm not digging at you...just jks)

G

Volume is neither here nor there for me TBH, because it all depends on what your are trying to achieve. I was more looking at your exercise selection. But like I said, I am not you, and as long as that routine is working for you than go for it. There is no such thing as a perfect routine period.

I have my own style of self created routine making, and basically it is just do the big 4 lifts; Deads, Flat bench, Squats and SOHP/military press (whatever you wana call it), than add in assistance work that is working on what your week areas are and also establishing a balance to your workouts/creating muscle where its needed to gain strength in the big 4.

But thats me, not you, you do whatever the FUCK you wanna do LOL :p (I'm not digging at you...just jks)

G

hehe got it

my routine also consists of almost only compound lifts. but i throwed flat bench since i feel chest much better on dips&inc db

First thing I would do is be in bed before 12:41am, you need lots of sleep if you want good results from the gym.

Next I would move deadlifts to first on your back day (i'm assuming that what the day is).

Overall imo its not as bad as most spilt routines people make up, the rest I would change is just mainly due to my personally preference. Like swapping seated press for military press, but that's just me.

First thing I would do is be in bed before 12:41am, you need lots of sleep if you want good results from the gym.

Next I would move deadlifts to first on your back day (i'm assuming that what the day is).

Overall imo its not as bad as most spilt routines people make up, the rest I would change is just mainly due to my personally preference. Like swapping seated press for military press, but that's just me.

im from Poland so its like 9-10h earlier here

but as for my method of progression is it decent? and i wodner about adding a few exercises..some pople say that volume is too low

MONDAY:
Squats 5x5-10
Leg Extensions: 3x15
Stiff leg Deads 4x10

TUESDAY:
Incline DB Press 4x6-10
Weighted Dips 4x6-10
Hammer strength bench 3x6-10
Cambered bar Skullcrushers 3x6-10
Cable Pressdowns 3x15-20

THURSDAY:
Deadlifts 3x8-10
Weighted Chins 3x4-6
BB Rows 3x6-8
Cable rows 3x10-12
BB Curl 3x8-12
Incline curls 3x8-12

FRIDAY:
Seated BB Press 3x6
Seated DB Press 2x8-10
Lateral raises 3x10-12
Standing Calf Raise 4x10

but i dunno if more volume would be better

Last edited:
Your program isnt really low volume...if you wanna see low volume check my log out lol...

That's not too low volume, how long you been training?

1 year with home equipment only + 1.5 year at professional gym

so you belive volume in the very first routine I posted is okay as long as i put my effort and intensity in every set?

Your program isnt really low volume...if you wanna see low volume check my log out lol...

hmm i checked it.

Chest:

Flat bench: 1 working - upto 120 (really wanted 130 but just not happening today)

Incline bench: 2 working - upto 100kg - easy could of gone 110

flat HS press: 55kg each side - 1 working set

incline flys: upto 28kg db's 1 working

Machine fly - heaps of sets - didnt count

hmm you take all working sets to failure? because in my routine when i do 4x6-10 working sets on db press for example i dont know whether i should leave a bit in tank during first two sets and go all out on last 2, or i should max on every set

you look great btw

Last edited:
Low volume training certainly has its place in bodybuilding. I myself follow a very low volume training program which you can check out on my website.

Low volume training certainly has its place in bodybuilding. I myself follow a very low volume training program which you can check out on my website.

quite interesting. when i look at your routines i think mine is rather medium-volume than low