• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Workout Routines for a 17 year old

L

lite

Hi I'm 17, 6 feet, and around 175. I have been lifting weights but feel that a weekly or monthly routines would suite me best. as for the weights i have been doing between 20 to 30 pounds dumbells for arms. i also would like help with my abs.

What i want is a lean but muscular build. i like using free weights,and also i have a bike and treadmill at home so how long should my cardio be and how many calories should i be burning.

I don't have access to a gym so i do all my workouts at my house, i have a bench press, and various weights.

How heavy do your weights go? 1st post your current program so that I know what you've just been doing. If your wts aren't heavy enough you may have to buy some more but you can get cheap one's if you look around. Post your and exactly what equipment you including:
bench - does it incline and / or decline,
bb / db's - how much wts do you have to put on these,
and anything else you have there.

my bench press does decline, for weights i have all kinds my biggest ones being 50 pounds

heres my routine:
Biceps - Incline Dumbbell Curls 20 pounds 1 set of 10, 25 pounds 2 sets of 10
Chest - Barbell Bench Press 25 pounds 3 sets of 10
Shoulder - Two Arm Front Deltoid Dumbbell Raises 20 pounds 3 sets of 10
Triceps - Dumbbell Extensions 25 pounds 3 sets of 10

I want to have a different routine because this one just focuses on the arms.

This is to be done in the order and days prescribed. I would suggest playing with it for 1 week and finding correct wts to use so you don't under/over estimate and waste sessions. Once all resp is reached for all sets increase 2.5 - 5pds and repeat.

Day 1
Bent Row alternated with Bench Press (use the same width grip for each)...8 x 3 with a wt you can do 5 reps with, 60secs rest between sets
Pull Ups / Stand Push Press (use same width grip for each and with thumbs over bar for both as well)...same

Day 2
Squats / Hanging or Lying Leg Raise...3 x 8 with a wt you can do 10 reps with, 60secs rest
DB Deadlifts / Decline Sit Up / Standing Calf Raise...same...this is 3 exercoses done with 60secs between each set...e.g. deads, rest, sit up, rest, calf, rest, deads etc

Day 3 - off or low int cardio

Day 4
Incline Press / Incline Row (face down against an incline bench)...3 x 8 with a wt you can do 10 reps with, 60secs rest
BB Curl / Decline Tricep Extension (with same width grip)...same

Day 5
Hack Squat / Stiff Leg Deadlift...8 x 3 with a wt you can do 5 times, 60secs rest
Lying Leg Raise / Seated Calf Raise...same

Day 6 / 7 - off or low int cardio