• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Pick me im hungry.

I seem to get North Melbourne wrong every week. They seem to win games they shouldnt and lose games they should win. Most inconsistent side ever.

Yeah I know.

But I have tipped the whole round 3 times + once in the NRL

SO I HAVE 4 WOPPERS. :)

OK, that’s it RANT time..

After watching the Jack Ziebell “incident” and him subsequently getting 4wks suspension for going for the ball, I am officially over the AFL and have completely lost interest in the game at this level, all due to the AFL, MRP and tribunal having completely losing the plot and changing to game too much.

Having played the game at park level for over 20yrs and being basically forced to retire due to doing my ACL twice, I just feel the game has lost its way and would prefer to watch union (when it is televised) or league at the highest level OR watch the grass roots football at a local park.

Far too often now it seems players are getting weeks for going for the ball and making incidental or accidental contact with another player, Ziebell gets 4 weeks for going for ball, last year or maybe the one before Franklin was on his kness going for the ball and got some high with his shoulder and got a week or 2 (cant remember exactly), being a Geelong supporter and actually not being a fan of Franklin I cant help but feel sorry for him being tall going for the ball and accidentally getting someone high why the hell should be get weeks? What else could he have done?

As for this rubbish about getting weeks for the “sling” tackle more complete BS, that is the way EVERY player out on the field today was taught to tackle from a very young age, you wrap the player up and take him to game to stop him from disposing of the ball correctly, but the umpires now instead of paying the free kick to the tackler for performing a text book tackle and stopping the ball carrier from correct disposal punish him and award a free kick for a “rough” tackle or even worse he gets sighted by the MRP and gets weeks/WTF?????

Years ago at the end of a weekends matches there would MAYBE be handful of players sighted for wrestling or striking or whatever, NOW it seems at least 10 players a week are being sighted by the MRP for just rubbish little things, rubbing players out for this type of stuff is just ridiculous……..

Anyways, just the watching a game these days regardless of teams make me rage, the umpires are there to officiate the game, but it seems more and more they are wanting to star in the game being miked up, overofficating and wanting their say in every little incident on the field, you shouldn’t even know the umpires are there if they are any good..

It really is sad to see such a good game go downhill over the past 5 -10yrs.

I could go on, but this will do for now, hahaha

Off to grass roots level I go

OK, that’s it RANT time..

After watching the Jack Ziebell “incident” and him subsequently getting 4wks suspension for going for the ball, I am officially over the AFL and have completely lost interest in the game at this level, all due to the AFL, MRP and tribunal having completely losing the plot and changing to game too much.

Having played the game at park level for over 20yrs and being basically forced to retire due to doing my ACL twice, I just feel the game has lost its way and would prefer to watch union (when it is televised) or league at the highest level OR watch the grass roots football at a local park.

Far too often now it seems players are getting weeks for going for the ball and making incidental or accidental contact with another player, Ziebell gets 4 weeks for going for ball, last year or maybe the one before Franklin was on his kness going for the ball and got some high with his shoulder and got a week or 2 (cant remember exactly), being a Geelong supporter and actually not being a fan of Franklin I cant help but feel sorry for him being tall going for the ball and accidentally getting someone high why the hell should be get weeks? What else could he have done?

As for this rubbish about getting weeks for the “sling” tackle more complete BS, that is the way EVERY player out on the field today was taught to tackle from a very young age, you wrap the player up and take him to game to stop him from disposing of the ball correctly, but the umpires now instead of paying the free kick to the tackler for performing a text book tackle and stopping the ball carrier from correct disposal punish him and award a free kick for a “rough” tackle or even worse he gets sighted by the MRP and gets weeks/WTF?????

Years ago at the end of a weekends matches there would MAYBE be handful of players sighted for wrestling or striking or whatever, NOW it seems at least 10 players a week are being sighted by the MRP for just rubbish little things, rubbing players out for this type of stuff is just ridiculous……..

Anyways, just the watching a game these days regardless of teams make me rage, the umpires are there to officiate the game, but it seems more and more they are wanting to star in the game being miked up, overofficating and wanting their say in every little incident on the field, you shouldn’t even know the umpires are there if they are any good..

It really is sad to see such a good game go downhill over the past 5 -10yrs.

I could go on, but this will do for now, hahaha

Off to grass roots level I go

Completely agree mate, I'm losing interest as well...what's ticking me off is these fucking stupid holding the ball decisions!!!

Completely agree mate, I'm losing interest as well...what's ticking me off is these fucking stupid holding the ball decisions!!!

Hahaha, thats was on the list as well but i thought my rant was long enough....

When i played if you got tackled or tackled someone and ball carrier didnt get away a clean handball or kick (which was the whole point of teaching to pin the arms when tachling) then a free kick was paid EVERY single time.

Now it seems if you make a reasonable attempt it is play on.......

Time to get some opinions on how the AFL is fucking everything up at the moment. The Adelaide Crows/Kurt Tippett have obviously been cheating, yet they are allowed to participate in this weeks draft. WTF?

Stupid. Ban these cheats, fine them and deregister Tippett for 12 games for next year.

Same goes for Melbourne. Obviously tanked. Why haven't these teams been dealt with already? Everyone must be on holidays. Demetriou is cocking up everyhting.

I think the problem is the investigations are still ongoing so they don't know the full extent of the cheating so until they do they can't set a punishment, although they should throw the book at them and give them similar or worse punishment then they did cartlon a few years ago.

Now speaking of demetriou and fucking up, taking the visy deal away from Carlton is just wrong, I hate Carlton BUT the AFL approved the deal in the first place a bullshit as it was in the first place and now they turn around and cancel the deal, that's bullshit, they made their bed so they should fuckin lie in it, the sooner Anderson and demetriou go the better the AFL'wil be.

yeah, heard Juddy's manager today on SEN saying there are 78 other third party deals out there as well.

But there is no way melbourne and Crows should be in this years draft. It's as weak as piss - like VRC letting Oliver ride the Melbourne spring carnival when they knew he was guilty.

Yeah don't get me started on Ollie, he should be banned for life, unfortunately there is precedance which means he will only get 12 month ban if that.....

How should Adelaide Crows punishment be any different to Melbourne Storm's from a couple of years ago?

How should Adelaide Crows punishment be any different to Melbourne Storm's from a couple of years ago?

Well for starters it is a different code, but also Storm were a pretty awesome side and won a couple of premierships and Adelide even after cheating are still pretty shit, this year was an exception....

Well for starters it is a different code, but also Storm were a pretty awesome side and won a couple of premierships and Adelide even after cheating are still pretty shit, this year was an exception....

1) Code shouldnt be relevant, it's an Australian precedent of the 'crime', so same punishment should be handed down.

2) Result shouldnt be relevant either. If you and I get full of juice and enter the olympics and you get gold and i get 4th, should our punishments be different?