• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
gotta laugh , media are loving franklin saying he put the swans to victory , it was only last few minutes that he kicked two goals ,rest of the night he kicked 7 behinds
the 2 goals he did kick were set up anyway , they were sure things

i think it is a given that strength in the AFL has improved, years ago they didnt have strength coaches and used to just fluff around in the gym for the most part, sure there woukd have been some taking the gym seriously but iverall not, nowadays, they have gym programs assigned to they during the season and offseason but alot is probably targetted training.

It doesn't matter, it's all arse about, think about this.

These guys are already in the league.
They’re good enough.
They’re big enough.
They’re fast enough.
They’re strong enough.

This is is my opinion;

The approach and job of a an excellent Strength and Conditioning coach isn’t to make them more beastly...it’s to keep them beastly...it’s to ensure they can get through training, the 24 + games...the next season after that.

To be a good football club, a S&C coach is an investment for these blokes. An investment that pays off by extending their careers...getting them that next contract....putting their kids and their kids’ kids through school....

look outside the square.

They’re good enough.
They’re big enough.
They’re fast enough.
They’re strong enough.

This is is my opinion;

The approach and job of a an excellent Strength and Conditioning coach isn’t to make them more beastly...it’s to keep them beastly...it’s to ensure they can get through training, the 24 + games...the next season after that.

To be a good football club, a S&C coach is an investment for these blokes. An investment that pays off by extending their careers...getting them that next contract....putting their kids and their kids’ kids through school....

look outside the square.

I get where you are coming from but newly drafted recruits are often not big, strong or even fast enough.

Also I think strength and condition coaches have the club I'm mind rather than player longevity.

I get where you are coming from but newly drafted recruits are often not big, strong or even fast enough.

Also I think strength and condition coaches have the club I'm mind rather than player longevity.

It could be argued that they're too young to play at that level.
There are though, examples of very youg recruits that when recruited were and are; big, strong and even fast enough.
but more often than not this is not the case these days, they look like they have just left primary school.

And putting yhose kids through a poorly planned strength course is dangerous as hell.

They’re good enough.
They’re big enough.
They’re fast enough.
They’re strong enough.

This is is my opinion;

look outside the square.

Yes, but I saw Mathew Lloyd in under 19's, absolute toothpick.

Years later, a relative powerhouse. Maybe a smart weight training program played its role.

Fuck, I need The Bomber's to get up to keep my multi alive. C'mon [MENTION=3627]Silverback[/MENTION]; put a rocket up their coights.