• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
423129_10150743271681424_607571423_11585477_2002055742_n.jpg

Went to the shops before the gym today to buy some chuck taylor's, and saw these on the clearance table. $29. Ugly as hell, but they were pretty comfy and cheaper than chucks!

Tiger.....

what

have

you

done??????

lol, well if you like them, then um...good luck to you. :D

Wear em proud Tiges!
I like that the last 2 toes fit in together, that would suit me well!

im going to treat myself to some Nike Romaleos 2's soon for the fact even if i go barefoot i feel i lean too forward, plus hoping new shoes and belt will give me some motivation for deadlifting more

I've been wearing Big W $4 canvas shoes, the rubber grip is awesome!
But I have bought some Converse for comp.

Every lifting vid i have looked at lately everyone is wearing chucks. We used to wear them back in the 70's. Used to call them Gym boots where I came from. They must of been pretty cheap as my parents never would of bought them for us. Used to love them, nothing better then puling a new pair on. I can't believe how expensive they are now.

Where is a good spot get them from here? Looks like I can get them for about $50 from overseas

I got my chucks from Paul's Warehouse, 2 for $80 but they were odd colours (odd to some, fluro pink to me)
Now I know my size I will probably source them from overseas. Would be good to see if someone knows where to get them cheap in aus.

A PL Comp is actually a Chucks convention lol

Yeah, they were in when I was at school too!
My mum called them gym boots. I had a pair when I was really young, hated them. Never knew why.

Can you get them at any sports store and is 'chucks' the official name for them?
I think it's about time I stopped working out bare foot, especially now in the winter!

Yeah, they were in when I was at school too!
My mum called them gym boots. I had a pair when I was really young, hated them. Never knew why.

as a kid i remember getting a pair of them too , i hated them as well

Yes you can Dark but the mark up is a stupid amount for what is really just a flat canvas shoe.

I believe they used to be a poor kids shoe?

Converse "Chuck Taylor" is what they are...
them seem to be made much cheaper these days than they used to :(
Vans version looked a bit better, but $80 for Chucks is a rip

they don't stop my feet from getting cold on the outside concrete :(