• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

diet shakes

skywalker21

Ok so I understand you guys in here are all about correct nutrition but where do diet shakes fit in ? Tony Ferguson etc etc seem to work to degree so is it acceptable to do one of these gimmcks for a week or two.just looked at acelebrity slim pack, it appears to just be a protein shake haha. Would the bros suggest a protein shake diet temporarily just to get ball rolling ?

No...

Shakes are ok to compliment a diet to increase protein content, they are not and should not be used as a sole source of nutrition.

Tony Ferguson is a gimmick and extremely expensive.

Don't do it. Learn how to modify your diet correctly.

I did Tony Ferguson for 3 months and lost 16kgs. Most of this was muscle mass and water. Gained it all back plus more within a year.
Tony Ferguson is a gimmick and a fad!

Ok so I understand you guys in here are all about correct nutrition but where do diet shakes fit in ? Tony Ferguson etc etc seem to work to degree so is it acceptable to do one of these gimmcks for a week or two.just looked at acelebrity slim pack, it appears to just be a protein shake haha. Would the bros suggest a protein shake diet temporarily just to get ball rolling ?
Protein shakes are nothing more than assisting in consuming your daily protein intake requirements. They are not a magic meal or some shit that is normally promoted with things like TF or the like.

Your diet should be made up of the food types that best allows for long term dietary adherence and meeting your nutritional needs. ALL food types can be consumed, it just takes common sense and moderation.

No foods should be classed as 'good' or 'bad' or clean or dirty or healthy or unhealthy. Just choose the foods that you enjoy to eat and that help you meet your nutritional needs the best.

All of those products marketed to the general public, take cheap ingredients, stick a shiny label on the side and double the price. They are full of shit like skim milk powder and sugar.

In every case, a better meal replacement could be made at home for much less cost using good quality supplements.

As said above however, you can't live on the stuff and if your diet is reasonable then you don't need them at all.

Diet shakes do not teach you to eat correctly, I wouldnt even recommend them to the morbidly obese...

Other then the problems already mentioned, i will assume you would get very hungry ^^ your own solid meal prepared that is matching in amount of calories with the shake, would have you more full and will have the same weight lost effect