• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Flying interstate.

Out of the 5000 post this board gets a day, how many are actually:
Asking serious questions.
Answering serious questions.
Giving advice.

My guess is under 50.

Well I apologise that this post is off the topic of the OP, but here's my opinion on the post i've quoted.

Seriously how many permutations of training / nutrition / equipment etc questions & answers can their possibly be? It's certainly not infinite, in fact I'd bet it's less than 100 - could just about make some articles out of them. Point people at those and then there'd be no more questions & answers.

Therefore a forum (any forum for that matter) becomes more a medium of discussing with like minded / similarly goaled people. Sharing recipes, stories of their endeavours, what equipment they used, and general lifestyle (sex life, movies, games etc).

This is all regardless of whether it's a BB forum or a gardening forum.

Read my point on ProRaw.

No movies.
No gardening.
No general lifestyle.

Sure, less posts per day, but quality. Which is what ausbb used to have well before you joined.

The older members will understand, newer member won't see where I'm coming from.

Read my point on ProRaw.

No movies.
No gardening.
No general lifestyle.

Sure, less posts per day, but quality. Which is what ausbb used to have well before you joined.

The older members will understand, newer member won't see where I'm coming from.

I'm well familiar with your point. My point is that I'm a moderator on a forum that sends every single post through to the mods for approval before they appear. And ones that have links to unsavory sites aren't approved. And inserting pictures isnt possible.

So it's fairly quiet, just some newb questions and peoples training logs. Which is great if you like that.

There's a pretty broad spectrum. I'd rather not be at either end.

yes i see what you are saying. As a self confessed postwhore with close to 5000 posts i admit i do post a lot of crap. mainly in the general topic section seeing as thats where i post about topics other than lifting. I try to keep the dribble only on the general section. And i do try to answer questions relating to lifting/nutrion that i can help out with. And when i rarely browse the pro raw forum.. i do see some off-topic talk and some memes being posted? Its just a lot more frequent on ausbb.

Are you referring to the off-topic forum on here about the lower standard being about the new attentionloving member posting tits and sex talk all over the place? Or about the venting thread where people will normaly just post whatever they feel like? plz explain

Last edited:
Shrek - it doesn't.
If it were my forum though and 4950 posts out of 5000 are rubbish, I'd seriously think about what I wanted out of my forum.

It's why markos left NS.
It's why markos left (intentioanlly banned) here.

However.
It's not my forum, and maybe this is the direction you guys want it to go, quantity over quality. But as a member that has been around for a long time, I owed it to ausbb to at least try and get my point across.

I honestly believe if the forum continues the way it is, it will hold very little value for strength and bodybuilding athletes.

When i post on proraw = coaching cap is on and everything i post is critiqued by other coaches and trainers whom know their shit. U wont see a post on how do i get abs ever on there. Just because the level of experience and knowledge on there bypasses the everyday simple questions.
If i was to post a sample training program based on periodisation or working out percieved 1rms for example.
U can expect high level answers NOT from people cutting and pasting off google but guys who are themselves trainers or guys who have walked the walk.

When i post on ausbb = relaxed/troll cap is on as the questions that get asked here are the same general ones people can find on google. I love posting on ausbb due to the fact u can talk about things outside of lifting and not put much thought into it.

different forums for different users..

When i post on proraw = coaching cap is on and everything i post is critiqued by other coaches and trainers whom know their shit. U wont see a post on how do i get abs ever on there. Just because the level of experience and knowledge on there bypasses the everyday simple questions.
If i was to post a sample training program based on periodisation or working out percieved 1rms for example.
U can expect high level answers NOT from people cutting and pasting off google but guys who are themselves trainers or guys who have walked the walk.

When i post on ausbb = relaxed/troll cap is on as the questions that get asked here are the same general ones people can find on google. I love posting on ausbb due to the fact u can talk about things outside of lifting and not put much thought into it.

different forums for different users..

And my point has just been further proven.

I suppose we will see what happens over the next month or so.

What point? Trent trolls here and not on PR?

I think the point is if people want to ask a serious question about training or nutrition, Ausbb is starting to be the place you dont ask.

Correct me if I'm wrong Scott.

What point? Trent trolls here and not on PR?

Pretty much.
You have a coach who is well knowledged that post seriously on other forums, yet post nothing but homo erotica and trolling on this one....

It's the vibe of this forum that allows it. The more people that post those stupid pictures, write shit like thatwasawesomeilovetits/10, and other pointless dribble breeds more of the same behavior. It starts in offtopic forums, but because the vibe has been set, spreads.

This turns serious and knowledgable people away.

I'm not going to say anymore on the topic, you, admin and deep know how I feel.

ausbb gets alot of posts and hits dont get me wrong. But the content is driven by how the mods/admin want the sites direction to head towards.

Im easy either way.

I much prefer flying interstate than overseas.
The flights are much shorter and if you fly quantas you normally get some juice.

Though, the destinations are better overseas so now I'm not so sure.

Why would anyone want to fly interstate than overseas???
(I assume that we are talking about holidays here.)

For the cost of spending a week in let's say Port Douglas I can
spend a month in South America...

The choice is quite simple for me.

Devante.

everytime i fly interstate i get pulled over for a bomb test..
8/10 times

great lets test that staunchy tatooed asian guy..

everytime i fly interstate i get pulled over for a bomb test..
8/10 times

great lets test that staunchy tatooed asian guy..

why they hell would a tatooed asian guy have bombs... shouldn't they be searching you in other ways <_<

I saw what you did there.

I'm not sure what I just did...lol

But the proraw forum sounds like I could get some good advice as well as this one, and I'm in the Body Transformation comp here:)

...all this discussion, I thinks this forum is going to take a turn for the better, I already see more training logs being added to and alot more on-topic comments...the silly season will be short lived!!