• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

wrist curls

jzpowahz

I had no idea there was such an exercise until a random mate came to the gym with me. Anyone actually do these things?

He says "best way to get big forearms".

I said "do pullups". He did 2.5 pullups.

I had no idea there was such an exercise until a random mate came to the gym with me. Anyone actually do these things?

Used to do them way way way back in the day lol...dont think they did anything....might add them back in for a few weeks see what happens lol

I think 0ni's area of expertise is "Finger Curls" not wrist curls.

Get it right fella's.

To me they seem like one of those exercises that if you are a pro BB and needed to bring forearms up, go ahead but for the rest of us as if you could be fucking bothered. Do any other exercise that involves grip and you will get good enough forearms.

I do them, my grip strength has gone up considerably since I added them in (I call the ones I do forearm curls). But I also do them a bit different to normal, I grab my barbell and stand up letting my arms hang down as if I was gonna do a curl but than I lower the bar down my fingers and bring it back up by squeezing the bar hard and curl it as far as my wrist will allow holding for 2 seconds and repeating. I do 50kg on the Texas bar, and my hands are on the knurl where it starts. I do a couple sets of 12-15 reps. I got showed this off a guy who once was a powerlifter in the old days and he said that's exactly how he managed to bring his grip strength up besides doing heavy deads etc. Its a great assistance exercise and I can attest to them working because my grip strength was very week before, and held me back considerably on my Deadlift, but now its way better and my last 1rm I had great grip, now I just gotta work on other areas.

How do wrist curls improve grip?
The muscles that flex the fingers is different to the ones that flex the wrist
Which is why I do finger curls

Its chocolate milk and its a translated copy of Boris Sheiko's training methods and printed out copy of the 5/3/1 for Powerlifting e-book.

man that sheiko translation is hilarious
bending with the rod on the spin = squats
thrust camp = deadlift

took me ages to figure it the fuck out

I found this setup to work well
Wrap a rope to the centre of a dumbbell or straight pipe. attach weight to the other end. Use wrists and forearms to roll the pipe lifting the weight off the ground.

Ideally the length of rope should be long enough so you can keep the forearms at perpendicular to the midsection.

I found this setup to work well
Wrap a rope to the centre of a dumbbell or straight pipe. attach weight to the other end. Use wrists and forearms to roll the pipe lifting the weight off the ground.

Ideally the length of rope should be long enough so you can keep the forearms at perpendicular to the midsection.
ae666136-c1db-420f-bceb-5cc6d8322621.jpg