• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

left ring finger and pinky going numb at night

callan

The official ghetto booty
the ring finger and pinky and part of my palm on my left hand keeps going numb when i sleep, when i wake up in the morning they are all tingly n shit.
hand.jpg

thoughts?

Any stress in your life? Sleeping enough? Both hands? Feet doing it as well? Any other symptoms at all?

Sorta just guessing without any further information.

I've woken up with a completely numb arm before cos i was lying on it. Freaks you out when you still can't feel it like 10 minutes later.

I don't think it matters though.

I've woken up with a completely numb arm before cos i was lying on it. Freaks you out when you still can't feel it like 10 minutes later.

I don't think it matters though.
hahaha yeah iv had that b4, wake up and arms are like jelly LOL

wingman, no stress that im aware of lol sleeping pattern is horrible (up all night) but im still sleeping at least 7-9 hours at least.
no other symptoms, not happening anywhere else, just the highlighted area above

the ring finger and pinky and part of my palm on my left hand keeps going numb when i sleep, when i wake up in the morning they are all tingly n shit.
View attachment 2095

thoughts?

Callan, how recent is this? Has it happened before or just today?

I'm assuming this occurs after you've trained and of an evening??

And do you have any referred pain in your arm and/or elbow?

My left bicep was twitching violently for a few hours this morning. FIIKW?????

Thats good, if it was happening at all extremities that could be something serious.

If its always the same spot in one hand, may have pinched a nerve whilst lifting, or just cutting circulation off while sleeping. With that side of the hand, nerves go all the way up the arm, so something could have occured anywhere on your arm to cause this result.

See if it goes away after a while, its probably nothing.

At a really long shot, get thyroid level tested.

I'm posting from a rellie's house who's a doctor, I'm just paraphrasing - go seek proper advice, ie not on a forum of lunatics.

Callan, how recent is this? Has it happened before or just today?

I'm assuming this occurs after you've trained and of an evening??

And do you have any referred pain in your arm and/or elbow?

had it before, but it is recent (maybe a little over a week didnt really take much notice), at first i thought it was just how i was sleeping (like as if i had slept on them or something) but after it happened a few nights in a row i thought i should probably get it checked out lol

only happens when i sleep, although last night i noticed it started to happen as i was trying to get to sleep

no pain anywhere else at the same time. but sometimes the muscles (on the same side as those fingers) get sore in training, it doesnt hurt but just that dull ache feeling (got a feeling that might be from my wraps though, i do wrap quite tight sometimes)

Get someone to have a look at your upper back and shoulder callen.
Could be referred damage, do you squat high or low bar?

had it before, but it is recent (maybe a little over a week didnt really take much notice), at first i thought it was just how i was sleeping (like as if i had slept on them or something) but after it happened a few nights in a row i thought i should probably get it checked out lol

only happens when i sleep, although last night i noticed it started to happen as i was trying to get to sleep

no pain anywhere else at the same time. but sometimes the muscles (on the same side as those fingers) get sore in training, it doesnt hurt but just that dull ache feeling (got a feeling that might be from my wraps though, i do wrap quite tight sometimes)

hmmm I thought so.

Sounds like you have some ulna nerve damage, more than likely from lifting and the way you're gripping the bar - or wrapping and how the ulna side of your hand sits, whilst wrapped, during a lift?

I know nothing about lifting mind you. But it sounds like you've done some nerve damage to the hand. Especially if you're feeling some slight discomfort in the muscles of the forearm/upper arm along with it.

It's not unusual for people who train alot to get this - and it really comes back to the right form, for you. You have to look after yourself and your body, when training Callan.

You can go to the Dr and request an EMG (nerve test) so they can check it out for you? Other than that, you need to rectify the wrapping and the positioning of your hand when you're lifting. Make sure you're not baring all the pressure on the ulna side of your hand during the lift. (i.e. ulna is the side of your hand that your pinky fingers are on)

When I have clients with this kind of nerve damage, it's always the ring finger and the pinky that they experience numbness with - along with an aching pulsating kind of feeling in the muscles of the forearm, up to the elbow.

Typically it can resolve itself - but if you don't correct the wrapping and the weight baring during lifting - it may become a longer term issue for you?

Be careful and look after your body.

Love,
Mum
;)

My left bicep was twitching violently for a few hours this morning. FIIKW?????
"FIIKW"? lol yeah my quads do that all the time (not violently but the twitching thing lol)

Thats good, if it was happening at all extremities that could be something serious.

If its always the same spot in one hand, may have pinched a nerve whilst lifting, or just cutting circulation off while sleeping. With that side of the hand, nerves go all the way up the arm, so something could have occured anywhere on your arm to cause this result.

See if it goes away after a while, its probably nothing.

At a really long shot, get thyroid level tested.

I'm posting from a rellie's house who's a doctor, I'm just paraphrasing - go seek proper advice, ie not on a forum of lunatics.
yeah yeah wasnt going to take the forum as a final diagnostic lol just thought someone may have experienced this b4.

ill give it a little more time, if it keeps happening ill go get checked out.
it also just occured to me i had the same feeling in my left trap a while ago after squats/deadlifts, but this has gone away, dont get it anymore :)

hmmm I thought so.

Sounds like you have some ulna nerve damage, more than likely from lifting and the way you're gripping the bar - or wrapping and how the ulna side of your hand sits, whilst wrapped, during a lift?

I know nothing about lifting mind you. But it sounds like you've done some nerve damage to the hand. Especially if you're feeling some slight discomfort in the muscles of the forearm/upper arm along with it.

It's not unusual for people who train alot to get this - and it really comes back to the right form, for you. You have to look after yourself and your body, when training Callan.

You can go to the Dr and request an EMG (nerve test) so they can check it out for you? Other than that, you need to rectify the wrapping and the positioning of your hand when you're lifting. Make sure you're not baring all the pressure on the ulna side of your hand during the lift. (i.e. ulna is the side of your hand that your pinky fingers are on)
my form is fine in terms of being reckless when training haha im also under the watchful eyes of my coach so he corrects form in the middle of my sets :) ill take note of where the load is resting next time i train, and ill be mindful of where all the pressure is when i wrap my wrists :)