• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Test levels - up and down

Rugby88

I have Ep1c Calendar kunce
Just wondering do test levels go up and down through the week/over weeks?

Sometimes I am alot more tired than other weeks, sex drive is down/lower than normal and strength is down in the gym, but then other weeks I have heaps of energy, sex drive is crazy and strength is through the roof in the gym....

I know this is a natrual thing to happen to anyone you cant always be at the same level all the time but is this due to test levels coming in like waves, sometimes peaking, sometimes lower??

test levels will fluctuate throughout the day.

lots of factors affect it.

General health, how much nookie you get, stress / cortisol, weather, addequate food / sleep, some stuff I read even suggests the seasons can affect it. Lack of competitiveness, or male interaction is also suggested t decrease test..

test levels will fluctuate throughout the day.

lots of factors affect it.

General health, how much nookie you get, stress / cortisol, weather, addequate food / sleep, some stuff I read even suggests the seasons can affect it. Lack of competitiveness, or male interaction is also suggested t decrease test..

Cheers mate! - I thought as much....

Last few days I have been fairly tired, hardly any sex drive etc etc...but then the start of last week I had a heap of energy, sex drive was crazy etc etc....I think the change of training has affected me aswell...moved to more heavy duty style training...

About two years ago I was part of a national "healthy man study" a volunteer Joel
The aim is to find out what our levels should be.
I'm sure I have less but but not sure how much.

What I did find interesting was that part of the tests revealed a correlation to test levels and grip strength.

My grip strength was the highest recorded.
I like to think "hard" exercise over many years has a lot to do with this

even driving a fast sports car can measurably increase your test levels.

so by "measuring" our testosterone, you must remember to keep things in perspective, daytime levels really are not alot... considering getting a glimpse of someone's nipple or driving a sweet sports car can also show increased levels.

so very important when testing, is to be able to reproduce the results exactly the same each time...

- don't "over" exercise for a few days before, the stress lowers test temporarily
- make sure your getting the same sleep
- if you get tested monday, every subsequent test must be monday for meaningful results
- do the test at the same time of the day each time. yes test fluctuates during the day alot! Especially eg first thing am compared to afternoon. so you can't compare an AM test to a PM test. (unless your a supplement company trying to show "look it increases test!" but did it really?!)