• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Alpha Moth

Like this?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIUg8nDVEFs]Pendlay Rows 250 X 5 - YouTube[/ame]
this?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqsfLT7Gj-Y]Yates Rows 225x15 - YouTube[/ame]
Any other preferred methods?

I do t-bar rows, not the machine version, i just put the barbell in the torsonator equipment, and put the t-bar attatchment on, stand on a little step thingy and bam

fora beginner whom doesnt yet have the flexability and cannot yet keep the back unrounded while doing pendlays.
Then i get my new guys to do barbell rows with a higher incline (chest pointing up) and barbell touching the stomach.

Eventually they all do strict pendlay rows down the track.

ive always thought a row is a row.. are there actually much differences between different rowing movements?

Ive found.
- rowing to your abs hits the lower back and lats more.
- rowing to your chest hits the traps and upper back more.

still pendlay ftw to pack on the mass.

Please elucidate young 0ni.

Well someone who is more interested in strength will most likely want to be doing pendlay rows
However someone who wants to build up their back thickness will get better results on an exercise that keeps the tension on for longer periods of time instead of being an explosive movement and will get better results doing something like yates rows or chest supported rows

fora beginner whom doesnt yet have the flexability and cannot yet keep the back unrounded while doing pendlays.
Then i get my new guys to do barbell rows with a higher incline (chest pointing up) and barbell touching the stomach.

Eventually they all do strict pendlay rows down the track.

I have been trying to do strict Pendlay rows for fkn ages. Can never keep my back from rounding. Same problem i have with deadlifting and why i switched to semi sumo.

I think its because of my hamstrings... i hate them :(.

more than likely because of your desk jockey job you have a weak back/hammies.

Just need to do more remedial work on strengthening them and also foam roll at work for 15minutes a day (if your not already done so)

more than likely because of your desk jockey job you have a weak back/hammies.

Just need to do more remedial work on strengthening them and also foam roll at work for 15minutes a day (if your not already done so)

Fuzzy said my back is stupidly strong and the reason i can deadlift what i do has nothing to do with technique and is purely because my lower back is rediculously strong.

My upper back is apparently pretty weak though.

And my hamstrings are crap. Crap crap crap.

How do you do remedial work on back/hammies? By SLDL? Or back extensions..

Also, is using the cross bar and torsioner and/or DB rows comparative to BB pendlay rows?