• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I like seated rows. I can control and hold each rep for several seconds and not worry about back injury.

Barbell rows are prob the no.1 exercise for back growth imo...

More so than chin-ups, I'm of the opinion that if someone is wanting to really improve back strength and has access to dumb-bells then one or single arm dumb-bell rowing is the safest and most effective.
Add;
Squat
Dead-lift
Farmer's
Shurgs and curls and you have the ability to biuld a back as strong as an Ox.

Fuzzy said my back is stupidly strong and the reason i can deadlift what i do has nothing to do with technique and is purely because my lower back is rediculously strong.

My upper back is apparently pretty weak though.

And my hamstrings are crap. Crap crap crap.

Ah yes imbalances in the physique .. this is the fun part in weight training .. bringing up weak areas :)

Be it Bodybuilding or pl .. hah

Oh geez we off topic LOL

Farmer walks Jim.

Im looking at getting a pair of Oly DB handles and i have 4x25kg plates and 4x20kg plates so this might be the answer!

Also have been told many times by fuzzy to do SLDL, im so crap at them though.

I have always been told that the key to a big bench is a big back and the way to a big back is lots of rows both DB and BB.

[YOUTUBE][ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opFQuxLCkLc[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

this is how i row. :D

Last edited:
Im looking at getting a pair of Oly DB handles and i have 4x25kg plates and 4x20kg plates so this might be the answer!

Also have been told many times by fuzzy to do SLDL, im so crap at them though.

I have always been told that the key to a big bench is a big back and the way to a big back is lots of rows both DB and BB.

Oh well some bloke once said; " If you like exercise, chances are you’re doing it wrong."

I must admit with rows. My hammies feels like its getting a workout. I believe its due to hamstring flexibility ?