• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cheap sources of protein?

shane278

Hi guys,

I just moved to Perth from Ireland.

Apart from whey, what are cheap food sources of protein?

Chicken fillets seem to be cheap at about $10 a KG, well much cheaper than Ireland anyway.

What else can ye recommend?

mc donalds costs like 40c to add an extra patty... marduk au and i realized that a chicken patty has a lot of protein, worked out like 1c per gram or something.

true story :D but probably not the answer you were looking for lol :D

$10/kg for chicken breast is not cheap. I get it for around 7 but I'm in Sydney. Perth seems expensive or you have not looked around

$10/kg for chicken breast is not cheap. I get it for around 7 but I'm in Sydney. Perth seems expensive or you have not looked around
I haven't had a chance to look around yet, my local butcher in the shopping centre charges that, if I can get it cheaper still I'll keep an eye out.

What about tuna and cottage cheese, are they cheap?

Like shrek said you should be able to get chicken less than $10. haven't paid more than $8 for about a year.

Dozen eggs 2 dolllars something

Mince about $7

If you have a big freezer and want to buy in bulk some butches will do a side of beef for about $6 a kg.

Does Perth have Aldi? they stock bulk chicken, beef and mince at very cheap prices. Just bag them up and freeze them for later usage.

milk and eggs

all the usual things just hunt around markets and butchers at closing times for the best deals

Chobani greek yogurt,just bought a couple small tubs of these yogurts the other night.Taste great,170g size protein per serving 170g =12.6g and per 100g =7.4g.

Yeah for economy protein powder can't be beat. Really helps get that extra 60g of protein. A big mans diet is expensive.