• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

how often do you hit the gym

Pam I hit the gym 2 days 1 day 2 days my split is like this i found it seems to work the best Legs+Abs, Shoulders+calves+obliques, REST, Back+biceps+abs, Chest+triceps+Obliques REST and i rotate Heavy legs light back Heavy Shoulders light chest and swap the next cycle. I also walk every day steady start cardio 35 min fasted. Will increase this as time goes on. If you are lean you need to concentrate on heavy compound exercises to get some muscle (make sure you up your protein as well) i would also not walk if you want to stock up let your muscles heal, dont be afraid to go heavy and dont forget the big exercises Squats, deadlifts, incline bench, bench (especially for women) shoulder press (both) to make sure you get your rear delts. Also I always include (never miss them) Walking lunges mid weight to light weight unfortunately us women tend to hold junk in the trunk, I also do lots of crap for my hamstrings they just never want to be seen. If you want my routine I can post it up for you but i really like to mix it up alot to shock my muscles.

2-3 times per week, depending on how I am recovering, usually 3 days per week, but will cut back if I need more rest. Keeping in mind you grow while resting not while training.

Will occasionally go for a walk but may be only once a week.

Was doingh above training about an hour each time, so about three hours a week, starting this week will be training 5-6 times per week but only training half an hour, and will see how that goes.

Reason: I want to up the intensity of the workouts for individual body parts (body part split) more intense short workouts with longer rest/recovery for individual muscle groups that will be hit hard once a week.

since iv started lifting at MTS iv been training 3 days a week
mon - bench
wed - squat
sat - deadlift

I work FIFO and I find doing 7-8 days out of 9 while I'm at work, then 1 out of 5 days while on RnR...working so far

3-4 days. Basically weight training (full body with compound movements) every second or third day, with sprint intervals once a week after the weights, or a long leisure walk. Goal is to build muscle, so I'm trying to keep the cardio low - I don't want to drop it completely because I enjoy it and it's healthy.

What keeps me motivated is trying to beat personal bests, seeing my body change and it makes me feel so damn good that I really miss it if I take too long a break!

Don't go to the gym. Getting a decent set up happening at home. Do bench on Mondays, deads on Wednesdays, and Squats on Fridays. Also try to do HIIT after each ses. And a couple of walks here and there. My motivation is to never get back to where I was 2 years ago 65kg heavier than I am now. But still a long way to go.

Don't go to the gym. Getting a decent set up happening at home. Do bench on Mondays, deads on Wednesdays, and Squats on Fridays. Also try to do HIIT after each ses. And a couple of walks here and there. My motivation is to never get back to where I was 2 years ago 65kg heavier than I am now. But still a long way to go.

<--- jealous

just wondering how often you train at the gym weight to cardio ratio
And what keeps you motivate
3 days a week, weights only (no "cardio").

The weights get heavier. I get stronger. I like that. :)

One day, I'd like to set up a home gym. That would be fun.