• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

weird feeling in groin when squatting

Alpha Moth

It feels like I'm pinching a nerve or pressure point or something, when I'm just around parallel squatting. Doesn't hurt a lot, but it's annoying and distracts me. Only started recently.

What gives?

Its called a hard on. It happens when you start squatting and realise what you've been missing out on...

Wide stance?

Shoulder width. Don't notice it as much when widening stance.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
hmm sounds like what I did..... which ended up with me not being able to do any significant training for the next month or 2...

I would suggest you go see a physio / osteo.

Well whatever it is, your best not to aggravate it more. I would suggest you play around with your stance and if that don't work take a 2 week break from squatting and eat heaps, if that don't work......see a Doc and get a scan, could be a number of things.

G

It's just from squatting. trap bar deads and normal deads are fine. I'll take a break from squatting and see how I am over the next two weeks. If not, would it be best to see an osteopath or physio?

It's just from squatting. trap bar deads and normal deads are fine. I'll take a break from squatting and see how I am over the next two weeks. If not, would it be best to see an osteopath or physio?

from my experience they can both treat the same injuries, but go to which ever you can get the best recommendation from.

where are you based?

This one is pretty good. Looks after a lot of the Roller Derby girls
Jennifer Finnie Physiotherapy
235 Darby St Cooks Hill NSW 2300
(02) 4926 2662

These guys are also pretty good.
Advanced Physiotherapy & Injury Prevention
335 Hillsborough Rd Warners Bay NSW 2282
(02) 4954 5330
The guy I saw was called Pierre and he fixed my knee up good and proper. He didn't tell me to stop squatting parallel or below, he actually encouraged it (which I gather is not the norm for physio's).

I've been to the guys at warners bay, they were decent. I'm just wondering if an osteopath might be better for this sort of thing or not. Or if anyone here has some insight.

Sure the pain isn't coming from your hip flexor? I get a sharp pain at my left hip flexor when I squat, I have no idea why either.

imgres

Is the spot sore after you finish squatting? Do you have pain or aches in other parts, such as hips, thighs, pelvis? Any problems walking or climbing stairs?

What happens if you directly massage the spot? Is it tender?

No, it's during the eccentric and concentric of when I'm around parallel. Not sore after or before, maybe a tiny bit tender directly after but it doesn't last long. It feels like it's pinching

Does it pinch on all squats, regardless of weight, or just on the heaviest sets?

What angle do you set your feet at? Have you tried varying your toe-out?