• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

weird feeling in groin when squatting

I had the same thing occur last week and couple time last year. I usually have a week off squats then ease back into them.
All other lift are fine, except deep squats.

I havent been able to find out exactly what it is, but could it be the on-set of a hernia of some sort? :confused:

Bulgarian split squats, lunges and side lunges, weighted step ups.

if you have a low pulley or power bands, hook it up to your ankle and adduct away.

And another thing- if the pain is on your dominant side the muscles may actually be covering for your weak side and the weakness may be in the side that doesn't hurt. So make sure you test both sides for weakness.

I was going to start madcow 5x5 program today, if the pain is there, what can I do instead of squats or should I move onto a different program for the time being?

Go get it checked, internet diagnosis is too hard. Get it checked then come back.

This is about the most sound advice you can get. Although D-man did give you a really good breakdown of what it MIGHT be, you need to know what it ACTUALLY is.

Do you shove your knees out?

You will femur/hip will impinge if you do not. Video of you squatting from the front would help see this.

Focused today on forcing my knees out more. Didn't pinch. Weight was only like, around 50kg. Will keep that up and see how it goes, if it pinches whilst weight goes up I will then see a physio or osteo.

Sorry to bump at old thread - not allowed to PM yet.

How have you gone with this? I think I suffer from a similar thing and it hasn't really gone away after what must be over a year now, even after lay-offs etc.