• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Vegetables: Fresh vs. Frozen

Vegetables: Fresh or Frozen

• Total voters
I prefer fresh but only buy fresh stuff from the farmers market when its good, it usually is much fuller in flavour. If I go to the supermarket I always buy snap frozen stuff because I watched a doco on how woolies and coles pick nearly all their produce young and gas ripen up to a year later.

I buy my veges fresh only, I don't care too much for imported frozen rubbish.

Rambo it was the apples that were gassed. They no longer gas apples and now people complain because they can't get apples all year round now lol

I get mostly frozen as I can buy a heap at once. I don't need to worry about them going off and can microwave them when ever I want.

personally don't freeze anything, buy it fresh, cook it that day, vacuum seal and store in fridge.

Pizza is a vegetable according to some US association. Therefore I buy mine cooked, not frozen.

I buy my veges fresh only, I don't care too much for imported frozen rubbish.

Rambo it was the apples that were gassed. They no longer gas apples and now people complain because they can't get apples all year round now lol

Ahh, yes you are right I remember now. I still like the convenience of having some frozen veg in the freezer. I would say I eat 50/50 of both.

Fresh and never from the supermarket. I buy frozen baby peas and sometimes freeze tomatoes or fresh beans from my own garden.
I do get Berry King frozen mango cheeks and frozen berries to use during the colder months. They're not gassed and frozen at their peak....smoothie and fluff heaven all year round :)

Didnt read the the post before i voted. I prefer fresh but as i am at the mercy of my mums cooking and shopping its frozen most of the time.

have a home garden so most of my stuff is fresh, what ever i don't grow comes from the farmers gate
i prefrer fresh

Dumb question but can you buy peas from markets?

I would assume you can get beans but always wondered about peas..

frozen peas only, The rest is rubish from a tate point of view, Nutrition wise, Fine.

Nothing beats home growen though....*drools*

you can get peas fresh but stick to when they are in season for flavour. Spring and early summer are the best times to get from farmers markets and the fruit/veg shop. Otherwise frozen peas are one of life's great wonders.