• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Meal Plan: constructive criticism please

appreciate the input, I was actually thinking i might make it one less meal. and just up the rest a bit. easier to fit them in

Most meat get a fair bit lighter once it's cooked. As Baz said if your using cooked weights your probably eating more cals than you realise, you might be 100 - 200 over maintenance depending. :eek:

Could possibly explain why your not dropping the weight you're hoping for?

I've always counted raw so far too.
Andy it can be helpful to find what does and doesn't work for your body. everybody's different and its a good way to see if you're getting everything you need. especially if you have a bad memory like me. if it works for you not doin this then thats cool too

Ridiculous. Once you know how much cooked weight is compared to raw then your set. For instance I know 200gms raw chicken is 185-190gms cooked. I cook up about 1 kg at a time so I have to weigh it cooked.

Most meat get a fair bit lighter once it's cooked. As Baz said if your using cooked weights your probably eating more cals than you realise, you might be 100 - 200 over maintenance depending. :eek:

Could possibly explain why your not dropping the weight you're hoping for?

cheers, i never knew that.

my mind is confused now.. so eating 200grams cooked 3 star beef mince i could be eating more? how much more..?

Ridiculous. Once you know how much cooked weight is compared to raw then your set. For instance I know 200gms raw chicken is 185-190gms cooked. I cook up about 1 kg at a time so I have to weigh it cooked.

No, it can still vary depending on how you cook it. The more well done you cook it the more water gets cooked out and the less it weighs cooked. 200g raw may be 185 one time but if you cook it more next time the same 200g may be 150g. Too variable for me.

No, it can still vary depending on how you cook it. The more well done you cook it the more water gets cooked out and the less it weighs cooked. 200g raw may be 185 one time but if you cook it more next time the same 200g may be 150g. Too variable for me.

I cook mine pretty much the same every time so the discrepancy would only be minimal, 5 gms or so either way.

I cook mine pretty much the same every time so the discrepancy would only be minimal, 5 gms or so either way.

Yeah in that case it's going to make little difference. I cook mine different most days. Also if your adding a sauce that fucks up any cooked weights totally. Raw seems easiest for me anyway.

What mater most is if you are consistent with what you are doing.

Last edited:
If we just look at the 'protein dense' foods out of his daily protein intake as Bazza mention 140g of that is from those foods, of which AT LEAST 21g of it is BCAA's... Certainly exceeds baseline requirements.

I'm all for the lower meal frequency, don't get me wrong on that. As everyone here well knows :D

Yeah you guys are correct it is a decent amount of protein. I think becuase there are so many meals the amounts of protein dense foods look less than they actually are. I'm a fan of lower meal frequency as well. Do you have much literature or info on it, I'm always looking for more.

Yeah you guys are correct it is a decent amount of protein. I think becuase there are so many meals the amounts of protein dense foods look less than they actually are. I'm a fan of lower meal frequency as well. Do you have much literature or info on it, I'm always looking for more.
Mate I've posted in a few thread meal frequency studies and research. Start off by reading my Myths thread in the nutrition section :)

From reading that article it still seems clear to me that frequent meals (4-6) are optimal for protein synthesis and even supplementing in between meals with BCAA/Leucine & carbohydrate is recommended.

The research to suggest lower meal frequency to be optimal was based on elderly women with 30g protein and is flimsy at best.

[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing you are new...