• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Topic of the week - Fruit

DKD

Private Dancer
How much fruit do you eat and what type?

What role does fruit play in a good training and nutrition regime?

We hear plenty about eating lean meat, fish, veggies etc etc but not so much discussion about fruit.

I generally eat about 3 bananas a day, 1 in the morning blended with three whole eggs and milk as part of my breakfast and then 2 whole bananas during the day, that's pretty much all the fruit I have regularly.

Fruit be good cause me no likie the veggies.

By the way I really like your attempt at taking over admins topic of the week question format. Nicely done.

Thx davey boy....he's avoiding me like the plague though and continues to treat me like a $2 ho. I think he thinks he's Richard Gere and I'm Julia Roberts. Bastard.

WTF is this about again? Yeah I've regularly eaten a banana a day and not too much else fruit. Occasionally rockmelon or mango, not too often though.

my staples are;
mandarins (i take a big bag of these to work on monday, and eat them through the work week)
bananas (one a day, as above)
apples (but only red delicious - all other apples are CRapples)

once a week or so when in season -
strawberries
rockmelon
pineapple
watermelon

out of season -
pears

2-3 serves a day on average easily - over summer, can be lots more.

Hooley dooley...I just properly cottoned on to what you're talking about.

I never typed "Topic of the Week".

Clearly that was Shrek's work....and clearly this is a signal from him that he's not happy with The General's leadership, and wants me to move in and take over.

I'm ready.

It's time.

Now that my new macros allow me to indulge in slightly higher carbohydrate foods, I will be indulging in New Season Gala Apples on a daily basis, it will be a snack and allowed to be kept crisp in the fridge....mmmmmmm

Hooley dooley...I just properly cottoned on to what you're talking about.

I never typed "Topic of the Week".

Clearly that was Shrek's work....and clearly this is a signal from him that he's not happy with The General's leadership, and wants me to move in and take over.

I'm ready.

It's time.

They did that after I pointed it out

I used to eat lots more fruit than I do now until I read that its high in sugar - particularly the fruit I like which is berries, stone fruits, watermelon and apples. Now I just eat a banana for breakfast in my museli, then later on I'll treat myself to either one of nectarines, mangoes, cherries or seedless grapes, only a handful though so as not to go overboard with my sugar intake.

I used to eat lots more fruit than I do now until I read that its high in sugar - particularly the fruit I like which is berries, stone fruits, watermelon and apples. Now I just eat a banana for breakfast in my museli, then later on I'll treat myself to either one of nectarines, mangoes, cherries or seedless grapes, only a handful though so as not to go overboard with my sugar intake.

Fruit won't make you fat unless it is blowing your macros and calories.

I love most fruit, but can never seem to find really good quality so don't eat as much as I'd like to. Been smashing the bananas in my shakes lately though.....peel than freeze, add to shake=yummmmmmmmmmmmmm ;)

I love fruit have about 5 pieces a day lol. It's also good to binge on for a sugar crave.
Regulary eat a whole punnet of strawberrys. As it's about the same calories as 1 apple.
Favorites are
Apples
Orange
Mandarins
Strawberries
Lychees
Nectarine
Peach.

All fruits have been tasty of late also.

We've recently set up a veggie garden with strawberries planted, and also planted a mandarin tree. I've always been a fan of mandarins, just haven't had many in recent times for some reason.

now that peaches and pears are in season i have been eating them , take a visit to the orchard just up the road and buy direct from the farmers gate , banana's

now that peaches and pears are in season i have been eating them , take a visit to the orchard just up the road and buy direct from the farmers gate , banana's
Fresh from the Orchard, that's so special :)

In my garden I have Strawberries, Blueberries, Rasberries, figs and Peaches all established trees. I also have Citris trees (Honey Murcott Mandy's, Lemon and a Valencia Orange Tree) on my property, this year I planted Pear trees (Williams and Nashi) and apple trees (Pink Lady and Granny Smith). Last years crop gave me over 4kgs of Mandy's, crate loads of Peaches, bucket loads of strawbs and blueberries. I also have a Macadamia which flowered but unfortunately the rains kept the bees away:(
Next year I'm planning on planting a Cherry tree, apricots and a yellow nectarine tree.
My love of gardening rewards me!! Lol

I just built a chook pen too....lol