• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Everyday Body Fat Level

What is your "everyday" body fat level?

• Washboard Abs 24/7

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Bulk until abs just dissapear

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Cycle on a time basis

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters
A DEXA scan can give a precise reading to 1% but I highly doubt ANY body fat calculator would accurately measure under 1% increments. It probably does a number of scans and averages it.

As for any body fat calculator using a scale, I definitly don't think it's possible if PowerBuilders calculation of 9g between 12.5%-12.6% is true. No scale can accurately measure 1 gram increments at 80kg. Unless it's like some freak NASA scale or something lol. Even with 10g increments (not likely) your put on the very limits of a true 0.1% accuracy.

Not the thread direction I was looking for but let the totally irrelevant discussion continue :p

I didn't intend for my statement to cause any heated arguments, it was more thinking out loud rather than a question.
It doesn't really matter either way unless there's some lowest body fat competition out there which would require a super accurate reading which I've not heard of but my doubt still stands whether you can accurately measure it to the nearest decimal point.
Thanks to those for their input, all except the scrawny kid who's on my ignore list.