• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Everyday Body Fat Level

What is your "everyday" body fat level?

• Washboard Abs 24/7

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Bulk until abs just dissapear

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Cycle on a time basis

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters

Steve

Currently trying my best to put on some muscle and it's working well but I can no longer see the 6-pack. I don't look much different from the average bloke at first glance but I know I will look awesome with ~5kg less fat.

It still goes through my head all the time though, "Should I cut down?" "Should I keep eating in surplus?".

Question for everyone, What body fat levels do you stay at for the majority of the year? Do you get down to like 7-8% and then bulk up until your stomach is flat, then repeat? Or do you go for months at a time regardless of what you look like?

Just curious on everyone's take on the subject.

Last edited:
I stay around having visable abs to not so much, it doens't bother me either way though. If i get leaner then normal i just know i need to eat more.

Depends on how long it took you to get fatter. if I went from 7 to 12 over 6 months then I think that's fine 7 to 12 in a couple of months is a failed bulk.

Yeh I'm trying to stay below 13-15% all year round, mainly so its easier to cut back. I was wondering how many people keep lean all year round or don't bulk/cut at all.

*From a bodybuilding point of view... obviously if strength is your main Concern then fat levels take a back seat.

Definatly not.
Get a dexa scan done. Mine came back at 10%. I was really surprised as I thought I was closer to 15%.
At the end of the day, I'm on my way to 105kg by August. I'd like to be as lean as possible, but I don't really care that much...... As long as I squat 250kg lol.

Only really tried to bulk once really & I suppose it was a bit of a fail as I never really put on that much weight. Got a heap stronger still in that time though so it's all good.

The "plan" was to keep going until I got to about 14mm on the accumeasure caliper readings for the stomach. (normally around 8-10mm). I don't really trust the %'s that these calipers determine so I just go by mm as they don't really lie :)

Agree with Sticky though. If I could easily do it, I'd get a scan a few times a year. I too was surprised at the low figure I got. Was thinking about 12%.

My weight has gone from 120+kgs when I was about 14-15 down to 79kgs, upto 99kgs, down to 85kgs, then upto 95kgs again...then over 3 years being with an ex went from 95-98kgs - 123kgs...then started dieting again in 2010 lightest I got to was 90-91kgs...now back upto 95-96kgs....I think my best weight/look wise/comfortable wise is around 93-94kgs...but my body always goes back upto 95-96kgs so I think thats where I should really be looking at staying while trying to add lean muscle mass.....ive always had huge problems with my weight but I seem to be at a spot now where I can maintain a healthy bodyfat % while still "enjoying" my life....

Definatly not.
Get a dexa scan done. Mine came back at 10%. I was really surprised as I thought I was closer to 15%.
At the end of the day, I'm on my way to 105kg by August. I'd like to be as lean as possible, but I don't really care that much...... As long as I squat 250kg lol.

Cheers, how much does a dexa scan set you back?

PTC Brisbane members get them for like $40.

I think they are around $60-$100 from various companys.

You can estimate body fat quite well

IqbAB.jpg

I don't try and bulk at all anymore, haven't for years as I try and stay reletaively lean all year round or at least have some abs visible.