• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Everyday Body Fat Level

What is your "everyday" body fat level?

• Washboard Abs 24/7

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Bulk until abs just dissapear

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Cycle on a time basis

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters
For oni's picture, the guy looked better at 20% then he did at 16%? At 10% he didn't really have much abs showing..

yeah I agree. he looked better at 20% that is if the pics are accurate at all and I'd have to question whether you can in fact measure body that accurately ie 5.6% etc.

yeah I agree. he looked better at 20% that is if the pics are accurate at all and I'd have to question whether you can in fact measure body that accurately ie 5.6% etc.

It was already discussed earlier in the thread how to accurately measure bodyfat...

It was already discussed earlier in the thread how to accurately measure bodyfat...

I wasn't questioning 'how' to measure bodyfat but whether you can actually measure bodyfat 'that' accurately to the decimel point ie 5.6%

Yes, why would technology be limited to only being able to measure to the nearest 1%

We live in 2012 not 1950 bruh
We used to test body fat accurately at school aged 14 by running small electrical currents through each other

So you and your buddies used to zap yourself with electricity and get super accurate bodyfat measurements?
And I aint your "bruh"

I've got scales that are meant to send 'small electrical currents' to measure my bodyfat. It gives you a .x reading but it can change 5% over the cuorse of a day and isn't accurate at all.

Don't understand what you mean.

I thought I was about 12%. Turned out I was 7% at the time. Was a nice surprise :) Although, doesn't really mean much. I do like numbers though.

Well in the pictures and videos you post up you look like you're carved out of stone. No way would l have thought you were over 10% bodyfat.

Don't understand what you mean.

I thought I was about 12%. Turned out I was 7% at the time. Was a nice surprise :) Although, doesn't really mean much. I do like numbers though.

Common in lean people. I have friend who is sitting at 8% now and he thinks he is 10 min probably 11.

"Bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) is a commonly used method for estimating body composition"

"Many of the early research studies showed that BIA was quite variable and it was not regarded by many as providing an accurate measure of body composition. In recent years technological improvements have made BIA a more reliable and therefore more acceptable way of measuring body composition. Nevertheless it is not a "gold standard" or reference method. Like all assessment tools, the result is only as good as the test done"

So, what l got from that was its not accurate. Theres also no need to respond like a moron (suck my dick bruh) when someone is challenging what you're saying.