• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The introduction of GPC Australia - Powerlifting

So as a few people already know GPC Australia has been introduced as Australia's newest powerlifting federation.

There is two main reason this is happened.
1. To give lifters choices.
2. To give as much support to a world team as possible. Every year.

At the moment, my website is hosting the GPC information until the GPC website is up and running. Everything can be found there.

PTC Brisbane - GPC Australia

All About GPC Australia

GPC Australia is Australia's newest powerlifting organisation. We are the affiliate of the Global Powerlifting Committee, and will provide a wide range of events around Australia.

GPC Australia offers both RAW and EQIPPED powerlifting, as well as bench press and deadlift only events.
One of the main differences between GPC Australia and any other Australian federation is that RAW will include knee coverings (knee sleeves and knee wraps - 2.5m maximum) as well as elbow coverings on the squat and deadlift - but NOT on the bench press. Belts and wrist wraps are also allowed.

There are currently 23 countries involved in the GPC, with 249 competitors at their 2011 world bench press and powerlifting championships. A hand full totalled well over 1000kg, with Tom Kelly benching a massive 420kg to total 1100kg!

More lifters means more competition. That's why we all believe that GPC is the way forward.

For any other infomation you need, feel free to contact any of our committee, including your state representative.

President: Markos Markopulos - 0404 453 452 - president@gpcaustralia.com

Vice president: Scott Wasson - 0400 31 9394 - vicepresident@gpcaustralia.com

Treasurer: Vicki Jewson - treasurer@gpcpowerlifting.com

Secretary: Tara Marshall - secretary@gpcaustralia.com

Technical officer:

Record keeper: Sean Gallagher - records@gpcaustralia.com

QLD rep: Scott Wasson - 0400 31 9394 - scott@ptcbrisbane.com

VIC rep: Markos Markopulos - 0404 453 452 -
Ptcfrankston@three.com.au

SA rep: Firas Achkar - 0433 679 772 - ptcadelaide@gmail.com

NSW rep: Trent Nguyen - 0421 790 933 - info@ptcsydney.com

Also, newsletter #2 on the website explains it a little from my point of view.

This new federation has nothing to do with ProRaw, CAPO or PA, so bashing those feds will not be tolerated.
Everybody knows whats happened, lets move on and look to the future.

I have posted my comp calendar on my website, Ill also post it on here, Im sure the other reps will do the same.

If you have any questions about GPC Australia, post it in here :).

Im not going to bag CAPO, so Ill just say lifters wanted another option.
Powerlifting gyms rely on people competing. If they do not the current feds for whatever reason, that affects strength gyms around the country.
This gives them another option.

Also, the inclusion of knee wraps is a big bonus.

Last edited:
i will be holding a NSW state qaulifiers in april (exact date to be confirmed)
Curently working on getting a suitable venue.
The national records for GPC australia can be set at this event.

I will post it up soon.

Cheers
Trent

Is it tested
dis-gon-b-gud.gif

Good luck with the new Fed.

Trent I'll help you out at the qualifiers.
Speak again soon.

i will be holding a NSW state qaulifiers in april (exact date to be confirmed)
Curently working on getting a suitable venue.
The national records for GPC australia can be set at this event.

I will post it up soon.

Cheers
Trent
good luck with the fed

p.s think i was sitting next to u at pro raw 3?? second row form the front during benches, i was wearing a red titan singlet.

This is one of the best things to happen to powerlifting in Australia.

Can't wait for the comps.

CAPO brought this on themselves by barely putting in any-more effort then someone running a garage competition - some people in CAPO not all of them.

Well the what's the fuckin point of starting another fed? ProRaw offer raw and equipped, is non tested and is run by the same ppl? Why not just focus in improving ProRaw?