• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The introduction of GPC Australia - Powerlifting

Yeah, John is on PR, and building a huge squat.

I haven't talked to him directly, but I'm certain he is doing GPC Australia comps this year.

Yeah, John is on PR, and building a huge squat.

I haven't talked to him directly, but I'm certain he is doing GPC Australia comps this year.

Oh i think your talking about John Sheridan...about 23 yrs old...

I am talking about Nathan Jones who used to life for Powerlifting Australia and then moved over to pro-raw....

Ah, not sure on jones. It would be awesome to have him on board.
He competed at ProRaw late Jan this year, squatted like 335kg in wraps to total an easy 850kg! :O

Is Nathan Jones the guy who was in Troy?

Another bit of info is that Magnus Samuelson broke Nathans arm in the WSM 96 qualifier (they had arm wrestling in it back then and Magnus was European champion)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCZmt2lOjbY]Magnus Vs Megaman Arm Wrestle - YouTube[/ame]

I saw that John (sheridan) squatted 800lbs with light rev bands/suited the other day :O

GPC is a welcome all lifters, RAW and EQUIPPED, Im sure there will be a few....

That said, its much easier to get into powerlifting as a raw lifter, you dont have all the mind games of learning the equipment nor the extra costs.

That's my thinking

Not so much that equipped is dying, more that raw is growing exponentially

The knee wraps rule makes unequipped even more appealing

You doing Nats grah?

Depends what the surgeon says in 2 weeks when I see him lol
I can bench in a shirt fine but I'd prefer to get to 2 plates without it first :p

Emma will most likely do it and no doubt I will be perving on the deadlifters . . . I mean spot/load :D