• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The introduction of GPC Australia - Powerlifting

Well the what's the fuckin point of starting another fed? ProRaw offer raw and equipped, is non tested and is run by the same ppl? Why not just focus in improving ProRaw?

No equipped at ProRaw on top of what Trent said

Consider ProRaw a fancy garage comp rather than an affiliated fed (to dumb things down completely lol)

i wouldve thought proraw would just blend into the new fed since its run by markos anyway. cant really see the point of proraw unless of course that will be the banner that markos garage comps will be run under as suggested by hamburgler

i wouldve thought proraw would just blend into the new fed since its run by markos anyway. cant really see the point of proraw unless of course that will be the banner that markos garage comps will be run under as suggested by hamburgler

It's economically more viable to run two separate businesses then merge two together. That's why you have sister/parent/child businesses

It's kinda hard to put it into words but gpc essentially is capo whereas markos started ProRaw so he could make his own rules, give prize money etc etc

GPC Australia is a non-profit organisation with all proceeds going to sending a team to the worlds each year. ProRaw wouldn't able to be aligned with a world fed.

ProRaw is fun, and not associated with a world body, which means no world records, or world champs.
Markos could have made ProRaw the gpc affiliate, but 2 major changes would have had to happen.

Added age classes and weight classes.
Involve equipped lifting and mono lifts.

Those 2 things would go against everything ProRaw was made for.

So if a lifter sets a record in GPC it is recognized by other Feds (CAPO, PA etc) and vice versa?

So if a lifter sets a record in GPC it is recognized by other Feds (CAPO, PA etc) and vice versa?

Nah not at all, it would not be fair.
Take a RAW squat record for exapmle.
PA - drug tested, allows knee sleeves
GPC - not tested, allows knee wraps, uses a mono lift
CAPO - not tested, allows no knee covering, uses a mono lift

Every fed has it's own national and world record books.

No. Aside from equipment differences, different feds don't give other fed's records any recognition, otherwise they would be in the same fed.

I couldn't find any info on SPF's website about the GPC, nor on the GPC website about SPF.

If they were affiliated, I don't think they are any more.

So as a few people already know GPC Australia has been introduced as Australia's newest powerlifting federation.

There is two main reason this is happened.
1. To give lifters choices.
2. To give as much support to a world team as possible. Every year.

At the moment, my website is hosting the GPC information until the GPC website is up and running. Everything can be found there.

PTC Brisbane - GPC Australia

Also, newsletter #2 on the website explains it a little from my point of view.

This new federation has nothing to do with ProRaw, CAPO or PA, so bashing those feds will not be tolerated.
Everybody knows whats happened, lets move on and look to the future.

I have posted my comp calendar on my website, Ill also post it on here, Im sure the other reps will do the same.

If you have any questions about GPC Australia, post it in here :).

I may have totally missed something but why have another fed? - whats doing with pro-raw? no longer running?

ProRaw isn't a fed.
It's not affiliated with any world body's, there is no records, very limited weight classes, And has only been run in Frankston.
ProRaw is just a shit load of fun to compete at.

GPC Australia gives lifters another option to compete for national and world records, as well as traveling over seas to compete at the world champs, as well as running LOTS of high quality local comps.

GPC Australia will also help lifters as much as possible financially if they do decide to go and represent the country on the world stage. No other fed does this.

Last edited:
ProRaw isn't a fed.
It's not affiliated with any world body's, there is no records, very limited weight classes, And has only been run in Frankston.
ProRaw is just a shit load of fun to compete at.

GPC Australia gives lifters another option to compete for national and world records, as well as traveling over seas to compete at the world champs, as well as running LOTS of high quality local comps.

GPC Australia will also help lifters as much as possible financially if they do decide to go and represent the country on the world stage. No other fed does this.

Thanks for clearing that up mate...I wasnt sure if Pro-raw was trying to be or considered a fed...

Looks the good mate!

Do you know if Johnnie still competes with pro-raw and if so will he move over the GPC? - He must of moved to the pro-raw forum since Markos was banned.