• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

walt

DuffProteinMan
I avoid sldl because I can not simply do them, for me its dangerous to my lower back. I also avoid the hack squat machine as i get pain in my knees.

Ive heard people avoiding upright rows, but i do them?

I tend to avoid anything that puts strain on my lower back because of this I haven't done any proper squats or deadlifts in my program yet :(
(Yet to be taught PROPER technique)

I tend to avoid any shoulder movements which feel uncomfortable, upright rows dont feel great, behind the neck press definitely a no-no
Not sure why, but my right shoulder has a twinge every now and then from footy days. Even the one hand - open palm method on the steering wheel is uncomfortable sometimes.

Skull crushers / LTE's are hit and miss. It's a little better now but l wont be doing them anymore as there not in my program.

Front squats, simply because l have the co-ordination and flexibility of a crab.

I tend to avoid anything that puts strain on my lower back because of this I haven't done any proper squats or deadlifts in my program yet :(
(Yet to be taught PROPER technique)

where in brisbane are you?

I avoid curling in the squat rack.

I also avoid the hack squat machine as i get pain in my knees.

I actually tried those for the first time ever last week and after 3 light sets decided the sheering load across my kness was not worth it.

Burpees and box jumps.....

I read a tiny bit on EFTS the other day from Jpeg, his suggestion is box jumps are not really much more than a test of hip mobility UNLESS there is vertical dissplacement of the hip. (the box is higher than your hips)

I am now condsidering some kind of experiment looking at the comparison of box jumps to say Hi-Pulls or some other movement aimed at force rate production like a dynamic Squat.

I read a tiny bit on EFTS the other day from Jpeg, his suggestion is box jumps are not really much more than a test of hip mobility UNLESS there is vertical dissplacement of the hip. (the box is higher than your hips)

I am now condsidering some kind of experiment looking at the comparison of box jumps to say Hi-Pulls or some other movement aimed at force rate production like a dynamic Squat.

In agree with the box jumps. I work with power shrugs working up through sets of lighter weight to heavier weights of 3 reps and finish when I hit a weight I can not leave the floor with. Would do the same with trap bar jumps if I had a trap bar. It allows me to work through all ranges of power development and it is fun too. I also like broad jumps for distance over box jumps though mobility helps with both just a lot less with the broad jump.

I keep away from tricep kick backs expect when training with Trent. Also ultrawide benching kills my shoulders.

Finger curls. I grew tired of the smell. Also, upright rows, shoulder press, bench press, due to shoulder problems. Lunges are a thing of the devil that I did several times early on....but have no real wish to re-visit that nightmare.

I avoid squats cuz they're bad for your knees and deadlifts cuz they're bad for your back. I avoid bench cuz a friend of a friend tore his pec once and i avoid press because bench works better. I also avoid all dumbell and machine exercises because someone said barbell ones are better.

Leg extensions. Advice from physio after ACL reco. "they don't do anything for you that you can't get from squats and lunges, and without the stress on your graft. Never include them again"

Ukrainian deadlifts. did these when i used to lift at PTC frankston. felt sick many times.

oh and any other KB related circuits designed to make one throw up. :D

Deep dips give me a slight niggle in my right elbow..I don't necessarily avoid the exercise though, just be quite careful with them.