• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Front squats because I don't see the use why not just do normal squats instead.
Adding to what dandexter has already stated, I would say that front squats have a much greater advantage over back squat if one needs more quadriceps/hamstring involvement over gluteus involvement. Think about it for a second. Your gluteus muscle is the strongest in your body, period! What if we can minimise its involvement when squatting, would we not then lift much less weight with the same leg hypertrophy benefits, whilst simultaneously minmising the stress the spine, hip, and knee joints are placed under? The answer is of course we would minimise injury and maximise hypertrophy, all whilst getting a best bang for our lifting buck!

I hope you have found some benefit in my answer Relevant.

Fadi.

Swap to low bar Good Mornings. Good as gold

Most people have problems with bar rolling up when doing good mornings low bar.

Doing GMs high bar with a narrow grip and there is no were for the bar to roll up unlike the low bar position.

Another one is the standing calf machine where you put your shoulders up against pads. I feel like my spin is going to crush using that machine

Most people have problems with bar rolling up when doing good mornings low bar.

Doing GMs high bar with a narrow grip and there is no were for the bar to roll up unlike the low bar position.

Everyone is different. I don't get any rolling in low bar. Bar feels more supported too. Each to their own.

Everyone is different. I don't get any rolling in low bar. Bar feels more supported too. Each to their own.

Yes some people are different but off the top of my head I know Bill Starr, Rippetoe and Wendler recommend high bar for the very reason about the bar rolling. That's gives you a pretty good idea that high bar will work for most.

I like 1 legged leg press and got an awesome carry over from it to cycling, I know DeFranco uses it as well, pistol squats are also great, 1 legged RDL is awesome too

Leg press for cycling is a good move outside of that 1 legged squats are better. Bulgaria split squats are a much better alternative to lunges.

Fadi's always 'on fire' when it comes to explaining stuff

He seems to get all 'zen' when posting as well. I imagine him listning to this while posting replies to get in the zone.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c1x55t51uc"]Harry Gregson-Williams - The End Music (Man on fire , Vocals by Lisa Gerrard) - YouTube[/ame]

Ah you two are funny. Yes that was nice plus I really like Denzel Washington. I'm just a normal guy gentlemen, granted maybe a little serious at times, but quite your average normal bloke otherwise. I like (amongst many other musical themes) this piece of music:

[YOUTUBE]aBws-gApi0A[/YOUTUBE]

And this awesome performance on the violin by my favourite violinsit Samvel Yervinyan, starting at 3:55... enjoy!

[YOUTUBE]kTupdsjxl5c[/YOUTUBE]

This violin music reminds me of my favourite movie of all time and that is the 1978 version of Les Misérables.

Fadi.

Last edited:
I try to avoid some exercises.But it doesnt work lol.I get bad rotator cuff pain but i still lift even when i got it.Just means i got to concentrate harder and really push myself.

What Exercises do you avoid. why?
I'd avoid any exercise that does not suite my body's mechanics and would in turn cause injury, in addition to avoiding any exercise that does not suite my body's mechanics and feels like a total waste of time.

Now after 31 years of training, I find that my workout is based on deducing, or distilling if you like. That is to say, after so many years of training, I know what works perfectly for me and what stands below this standard. Any exercise that does not meet perfection 100/100 (for me personally) is left out, lest it take the place of a more productive beast.

So in a nutshell: Conducive is in and unconducive or injurious is out.

Fadi.

Last edited: