• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I just thought of a few more I avoid:

Dumbbell press - I work these with my palms facing together to unload the shoulder & put that back on to the tricep

- Seated Dumbbell shoulder press - These are WAY too easy to press out in front of your face & hyperextend the shit out of your back. Furthermore; over developing the ant delts & under developing the posterior delts

i avoid anything in isolation :p

bulgarian split squats is my nemesis. I can do them fine, but after a big squat session, i just dont want to :)

Certain movements that put my shoulders in an awkward position. Upright rows are rarely done. The reason people do them is you look aesthetically pleasing in the reflection.

I avoid lunges and upright rows as they just never feel right or feel like they are doing anything useful.

Curls because they as so boring.

UDLs were pretty much useless.

Lunges suck and I think are very dangerous. When you go heavy,fast or simply aren't perfectly strict you have a tendency to push hard and because of the deep split you push off to one side and lean to the opposite as a reflex to get up. I have witnessed many people injure a knee doing this. Lunging down is NOT a natural way for the human body to lift. Do you ever see kids lunging down to grab something? It's an unnecessary risk with little benefit. That is the classic definition of dumb. You wanna stretch the quads? kneel down and lean back. This is a much better stretch. It stretches the quad more from the hip and not as much from the knee.

Tricep kickbacks because are useless once you get to a certain weight. Front squats because I don't see the use why not just do normal squats instead. I never do any leg work with dumbells cause they just get in the way. Also any exercise that requires the bosu ball or Swiss ball I avoid because well that shit is for women

Lunges would have to be the dumbest thing ever. You step forward, then land flat foot and in knee flexion under load.

Where do you think your femur is tracking?

I avoid barbell curls and barbell skull crushers due to tendinitis issues in elbows (use dumbells instead as wrists not fixed into a position).

Hack Squats hurt my knees so just do regular squats and leg press.

Pull-downs behind neck and behind neck barbell presses due to potential for shoulder injuries.

Exercises I avoid since hurting my lower back/spine - bulged disc + bad genetics.

RDL
SLDL
UDL
Good Mornings
Conventional Deadlifts
Heavy Barbell Rows
Box Squats
I'm sure there is more I can't think of.

Other ones I avoid in general.

Wide Grip Bench Press - On bench once my pinky finger goes past the rings I start getting pain in the shoulders. Similar on all other presses too, just I have to go even closer.

Last edited:
Tricep kickbacks because are useless once you get to a certain weight. Front squats because I don't see the use why not just do normal squats instead. I never do any leg work with dumbells cause they just get in the way. Also any exercise that requires the bosu ball or Swiss ball I avoid because well that shit is for women

RE Front Squats: They are mainly useful for someone training for a particular sport. The ones that I know are Olympic Weightlifting and some events in Strongman.

RE Front Squats: They are mainly useful for someone training for a particular sport. The ones that I know are Olympic Weightlifting and some events in Strongman.

Front squats are obviously a specific exercise to O lifting but the are also a great assistance exercise for squats and deads as well as for bodybuilders wanting more quad focus.

I would say deep front squats are also a better indicator of leg strength than back squats.

Front squats are the only squats I do at present. Three bad neck injuries over several years have resulted in an inability to bear any weight across my shoulders (including standing calf raise machine) without a killer headache. So front squats work for me...