• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
What if don't squat on the back lawn?

No silly, it's just a figure of speech, squatting your rectum to the ground or as close as possible to the floor is ones goal to becoming a leviathan in the true sense of the word, power to you my friend, your log looks terrific.

it's just dumb, since 1990 A new generation of half squatters have emerged, producing glute and hamstring issues, squatting just below parallel is not a full squat.

full squat
iStock_000028266218Large.jpg

yes, I used to full squat with hammies touching calves long, long time ago when I was an Olympic lifter (early 1980s) when doing a lot of flexibility work.

While I could then only squat 132.5kg, I had much more power and athleticism.

Sadly, I am just a hack now when it comes to squats.

yes, I used to full squat with hammies touching calves long, long time ago when I was an Olympic lifter (early 1980s) when doing a lot of flexibility work.

While I could then only squat 132.5kg, I had much more power and athleticism.

Sadly, I am just a hack now when it comes to squats.

Is there a reason you stopped Full Squatting, injuries???

I went for years and years doing lighter strict Deadlifts to save my Back as my knees now are Dicky from Squats or something else, so I didn't want both a fucked Back and Knees.

just too lazy to stretch for many years.

I plan on changing, but all I do is talk about it.

I also get a lot of lower back problems from squatting, which go away when doing other leg exercises (lunges, leg presses, step ups and so on).

I thought 1/2 squat meant just to parallel. The bro above has gone beyond parrallel and infact has his calves touching the hammies aye. Hence it should qualify as a 3/4 squat.

you cannot judge depth by the degree of calves touching hams Jung because of varying leg and calves thicknesses and such, it's why the hip crease rule was introduced in powerlifting..

The traditional full squat is as it states "full squat" in the full squat and coming out of the hole the prime movers are the butt and quads, the full squat is using a huge amount of muscle, this exercise stimulates the endocrine system like no other exercise.