• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Grain fed beef vs Grass fed beef

nazzysmith

kuncesmith
Keep coming across commentary that Grass fed beef is better for you then Grain fed beef...

Whats the diff... Is this hippy broscience or is there something in this...

http://www.luciesfarm.com/artman/publish/article_85.php

[FONT=courier new, courier, mono]Meat from a grass-fed steer has about one-half to one-third as much fat as a comparable cut from a grain-fed animal. Lower in calories, grass-fed beef is also higher in vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids, which are thought to help reduce the risk of cancer, lower the likelihood of high blood pressure, and make people less susceptible to depression. Further, meat from grass-fed cattle is rich in another beneficial fat called conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), which supposedly lowers the risk of cancer. The benefits of CLA are so widely acknowledged that some ranchers who don't grass-finish their cattle add CLA supplements to their animals' feed once they're taken to the feedlots.[/FONT]

With grass fed you're eating an older animal as well, its a lot easier to fatten a cow up to size quicker on grain then when they're primariliy eating grass. Its a healthier animal all round when eating grass and with 'grain fed' theres a chance that there still giving the cow, cow protein to eat.

Debating if Ill switch to grass fed beef...

It appears across many articles that grass fed beef is superior...

Incidently... I buy my meat in bulk hence my interest...

http://www.thefoodcoach.com.au/articles/?ArticleID=622
Grain fed vs grass fed
A US study found that beef from grass fed cattle contained almost double the quantities of beta-carotene, almost three times the amount of Vitamin E, sixty percent more Omega 3 fatty acids and a more favourable Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio. Grain fed cattle contains more saturated fat and consequently more calories. Aside from the well documented research on Omega 3 fats and their role in preventing heart disease and reducing inflammation, the balance of fatty acid concentration in the brain is believed to be particularly supportive in cognitive and behavioral function.

If you care about the flavour/texture of the beef, then the higher fat content of the grain fed cattle is a bonus, not a detractor ;)

Grass Fed Beef, Grain Fed Beef
Free Range Chicken Caged Chickens.

grain fed beef,, they just sit in big holding pens and feed out of a big trough.. like a caged chicken

i wont order grain fed beef its on the menu

Majority of people/animals on grass are happy

No this is just people putting human feelings on animals and automatically believing grass feed animals are happier, not necessarily the case.

Grass fed does not always equal a healthier animal either.

No this is just people putting human feelings on animals and automatically believing grass feed animals are happier, not necessarily the case.

Grass fed does not always equal a healthier animal either.

I don't think Wingman meant eating the grass to get happy...:D