• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

how much direct biceps work do you do

Last night as I lay down in bed I was absent mindedly stuffing around with movements of the elbows, wrists, biceps etc, just loosening them up for no particular reason.

Then I noticed if you hold your wrists up and rotate them side to side you get an interesting movement of the bicep muscle. Hard to explain, but the bicep contracts in a different manner than when doing the normal curl motion. It's worth adding weight to the new movement I thought. I'm gonna explore that.

Cool story broze and brozettes?

2 sets once per week. But thats after 5x5 of reverse curls.

Also do weighted WG pullups and BB rows on a different day, but never really feel that too much in the bis.

2 sets once per week. But thats after 5x5 of reverse curls.

Also do weighted WG pullups and BB rows on a different day, but never really feel that too much in the bis.

Try close grip chins and you'll fell it a lot more in the bis than pullups.

Train them like anyother bodypart and dont be lazy...once or twice a week...normally 2-3 exercises for 3-4 x 6-12

Last night as I lay down in bed I was absent mindedly stuffing around with movements of the elbows, wrists, biceps etc, just loosening them up for no particular reason.

Then I noticed if you hold your wrists up and rotate them side to side you get an interesting movement of the bicep muscle. Hard to explain, but the bicep contracts in a different manner than when doing the normal curl motion. It's worth adding weight to the new movement I thought. I'm gonna explore that.

The main movement of the bicep is to supinate the wrist which is what you are doing so yes it will help get a full contraction

Try close grip chins and you'll fell it a lot more in the bis than pullups.

I'm not trying to feel it in my bis tho, I'm trying to do it for back. Hence why I do the WG pullups. Want to get the wings brah

The main movement of the bicep is to supinate the wrist which is what you are doing so yes it will help get a full contraction

I didn't think he was serious? Yes bis do both, that is the logic behind doing twisting dumbbell curls. Arnie was a big proponent of doing twisting curls to get a higher peak to the biceps. I'm still doubtful that you can do anything to increase the 'peakedness' of your arms tho, although it stands to reason that the bigger your bis are the more they'll peak (as the muscle is forced to push up against itself).

As a compliment to my pullups, chinups and other compounds, I generally do 2 sets. V-grip/hammers/preacher. They're not necessary, but each to their own. I feel my bicep development was much better when I had them in my programs. In the last year i've done mainly compounds, and have noticed the difference without the direct work. I've just reintroduced some isolation work. Functionally speaking, they're balls, but for me it's a combination of strength and aesthetics that i'm after. And that's what I get.

do you mean palms facing eachother. like a hammer curl?

Shake+weight+realization_e9475e_1437941.gif

why the fuck would anyone buy a piece of fitness equipment that makes you look like you're jacking someone off is beyond me

do you mean palms facing eachother. like a hammer curl?

No bud....your wrists are meant to stay rigid for hammer curls. I'm talking about rotating the wrists, twisting so that the position of the palms alternates.

Imagine turning the dial on one of those old fashion TVs (that prob became extinct 15 yrs before you were born lol). Twist in one direction then back the other way.

No bud....your wrists are meant to stay rigid for hammer curls. I'm talking about rotating the wrists, twisting so that the position of the palms alternates.

Imagine turning the dial on one of those old fashion TVs (that prob became extinct 15 yrs before you were born lol). Twist in one direction then back the other way.

so a dumbell curl turned into a hammer curl

That's as far as I go bro. You're gonna have to wait another 3000 posts before you read anything even remotely informative from me.

That's as far as I go bro. You're gonna have to wait another 3000 posts before you read anything even remotely informative from me.

haha

you thought you had discovered a new exercise and going to become famous. I crushed your dream

Barbell curl
incline db curl
cable ez curls
peacher curls
rev grip close grip chins

Best exercises for biceps...train them heavy for a few sets then smash them with lighter weight more reps for a few sets...easy as..

Barbell curl
incline db curl
cable ez curls
peacher curls
rev grip close grip chins

Best exercises for biceps...train them heavy for a few sets then smash them with lighter weight more reps for a few sets...easy as..

Do you use Fat Gripz at all, if so how do you find them? I rate them pretty highly to be honest, i just use them for db curl and preacher curl.