• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

are LATERAL RAISES crucial to delt development?

fqqs

my routine is:

Mon- Pull:
deadlift 3 x 5
BB row 3 x 5-8
Pullups 3 x 8
DB rows 3 x 10
Incline DB curls 3 x 10
+ hammies/back stretching

Wed- Push:
Flat bench 3 x 5
Incline db bench 3 x 8-10
military press 3 x 8
dips(weighted) 3 x 5-10
inc db flyes 3 x 10
inc bb french press 3 x 10

Fri- Legs/Abs
Front squat 3 x 5
Bulgarian split squat w/ dbs 3 x 10
Leg curls 3 x 10
Single leg calf raise /w dip belt 3 x 10
Hanging leg raises 3 x 10
Renegade row 3 x 5

do you think that i need more direct shoulder work for proepr shoulder development? some people swear that i need to do lateral raises in this routine... i just want to add good amount of mass, but also i want to have proportional growth (in reagard to bodyparts). what do you think?

I do them. Dunno if they're crucial, but for me they're the only direct shoulder work I can do due to injury. They seem to work the traps for me too....maybe I'm doing them wrong.

I'm starting to think they are vital. I thought bench and military press was enough but now I have massive front delts, mediocre middle and non existent rears. This year I'm introducing raises to even it all out.

I think it depends on your experience and level of development, I've found that over the years my front delts were overpowering from all the pressing movements so bent over laterals are essential in my routine.
Done properly they are a great addition to your workout however from what I've seen most do it incorrectly.
Larry Scott's method is spot on and almost completely isolate the delts, after doing his method my delts are fried
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHsa7WXfADs"]Larry Scott Shoulder Workout - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
They take like 30 seconds to do and won't fuck up your recovery
Plus the Chinese Olympic team do them so they can't be all that bad