• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

1,3 - dimethylamylamine (dmaa)

Would this DMAA be alright to take to help me stay alert and energised for my nightshift deliveries job? I am thinking about taking 50mg, then also supplement with some caffeine 100mg. Do you think that is OK or will I get sick from it.

Would this DMAA be alright to take to help me stay alert and energised for my nightshift deliveries job? I am thinking about taking 50mg, then also supplement with some caffeine 100mg. Do you think that is OK or will I get sick from it.

I'd advise against it, isn't 5mg the recommended does?

Never mix caffeine and DMAA, thats what causes the horrible crashes in pre-workout drinks.

Especially bad if you are going to be doing this 5 nights a week.

Eat a banana or something?

Oh I see. Well I figure the DMAA will help me get through the last few hours in the night when things tend to get a bit hazy, to avoid making mistakes in my job. I thought the BN PreWorkout has DMAA (in the form of geranium extract) and caffeine in it, and I never get a crash from it at all.

I have 200gm caffiene tabs and 60mg geranium caps. Which I have at different times through the week when my schedule is physically demanding.
Sometimes just caffiene, other times geranium. On Fridays or Saturday's ill combine them both and power through the day. No comedowns for me. My body loves them.

So is there any difference if I got geranium powder or DMAA? What difference in effect is there between the two?

I wouldn't have thought taking DMAA just to get through a nightshift would be the best idea?
Studies have shown that Green Apples have more of a 'waking up' effect than caffeine...never tried it myself tho

I wouldn't have thought taking DMAA just to get through a nightshift would be the best idea?
Studies have shown that Green Apples have more of a 'waking up' effect than caffeine...never tried it myself tho

KungFooGoo never drinks coffee so take it with a grain of salt but he always feels 100% after an apple when he wakes up. Doubt it would do anything if you're trying to take it as a 'pre workout' thing though.

Legal status of Dim August 2012

The TGA, as of 8th August 2012, has made a final decision to place DMAA in Appendix C of the Poisons Standard. This replaces their previous decision to place it in Schedule 9, a decision that some members in this forum opposed.

This decision I would think, will allow for more widespread research than would have occurred had the product remained in Schedule 9.

Congratulations to the TGA on what appears a victory for common sense and a balance between the need for public safety and a need for greater research (than under Schedule 9) into DMAA.
Congratulations to those (3) people who made further submissions to the TGA and to the members of AUSBB.com. Government departments do listen, hopefully!

The TGA decision to ban DMAA
Reasons for scheduling delegates' final decisions, August 2012

The TGA, as of 8th August 2012, has made a final decision to place DMAA in Appendix C of the Poisons Standard. This replaces their previous decision to place it in Schedule 9, a decision that some members in this forum opposed.

This decision I would think, will allow for more widespread research than would have occurred had the product remained in Schedule 9.

Congratulations to the TGA on what appears a victory for common sense and a balance between the need for public safety and a need for greater research (than under Schedule 9) into DMAA.
Congratulations to those (3) people who made further submissions to the TGA and to the members of AUSBB.com. Government departments do listen, hopefully!

The TGA decision to ban DMAA
Reasons for scheduling delegates' final decisions, August 2012

so its still banned , but not as harsh?

so its still banned , but not as harsh?

Still banned and I'm pretty sure it will remain so, but the moving it to Appendix C would allow for more research. Unless you've used it don't worry about it, no possible side effects for you (or your offspring). But for those that have the more research will give greater insight and aid further breakthroughs etc...............

Probably never be legal again and even lesser potent products will now end up being banned in future - thats the way legislators are heading.

This in no way constitutes legal advise and a professional opinion should be sought.

Sorry Player. If you were concerned about how serious an offence possession of Dim now is it depends on individual States. From my recollection you have a bend in your banana, I mean you're a Queenslander. So from the small amount of law units I did at uni, various State Governments use different Acts for criminal offences.

With regard to Dim, Qld uses the Criminal Code and the Drugs Misuse Regulation 1987 from what I can tell. Somewhere in the Drugs Misuse Regulation 1987 Qld. legislators will place DMAA and its penalties etc. As it has not yet been inserted there should be a catch all provision for everything else, but I cannot be buggered going through the whole regulation, might even be a "parent" Act provision ie. Drugs Misuse Act. That will be where you should look should you not wish to seek professional advise.

Some Lawyers in here please correct me if I'm wrong.

From what I have read, in NSW you will only be fined $1000 for selling Dim so I imagine the penalties for personal possession in NSW will be a hell of a lot less.

Once again this in no way constitutes legal advise and a professional opinion should be sought, but I think you should keep an eye on Methylhexanamine (DMAA's name) being inserted into the Drugs Misuse Regulation 1987 Qld.

Last edited:
If you take the 1,3 dim on its own there is no crash either... Leaves you cruisy calm and relaxed...

Preworkouts that have 1,3 dim all have large doses of caffeine... The caffeine IMO is where the crash comes from...

The dirty thing with Jack3d 1MR etc... Is that they do not disclose the quantities of each stimulant... You could be having anywhere up to 10 cups of coffee in one hit...
Pretty sure 1mr says that there is 300mg of caffeine per scoop, however it doesnt disclose the amount of 1,3d which is abit of concern. I also think i read someone that jack3d has around of 80mg per scoop. 3 scoops of jack3d = 1 scoop of 1.m.r in the matter of scoop size.

i still havent botherd to touch the DMAA powder i have - kind of dont see the point and cant really be botherd huh