• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

1,3 - dimethylamylamine (dmaa)

Mmmm thats interesting...I have never really had a crash from caffeine but when I have taken 1,3 dim in diff pre-workouts I have crashed to the point where I have been unable to do anything after training besides lay around...

If you take the 1,3 dim on its own there is no crash either... Leaves you cruisy calm and relaxed...

Preworkouts that have 1,3 dim all have large doses of caffeine... The caffeine IMO is where the crash comes from...

The dirty thing with Jack3d 1MR etc... Is that they do not disclose the quantities of each stimulant... You could be having anywhere up to 10 cups of coffee in one hit...

I use Jack3d for pre workout, haven't yet had any of the above mentioned sides.

I'm up to 3 scoops now and the worst side I've had is slight shakes in my arms when lifting heavy.

Not to sure how it compares to pure DMAA though :/ I'm going to assume that the concentration is huge compared to Jack3d.

I use Jack3d for pre workout, haven't yet had any of the above mentioned sides.

I'm up to 3 scoops now and the worst side I've had is slight shakes in my arms when lifting heavy.

Not to sure how it compares to pure DMAA though :/ I'm going to assume that the concentration is huge compared to Jack3d.

You cant really compare the two....

DMAA is sold 100% pure... Whereas less then 1% of Jack3d will be dmaa..

IMO the addition of creatine, beta analine and caffeine makes the preworkout a better option depending on price... The BN preworkout NT is like $19 for 250grams

You could always take the DMAA with a cup of coffee I suppose and add some creatine monohydrate and beta analine...

DMAA never makes me crash, always slowly fades away into a mellow cheerful state, caffeine makes me crash depending how much I take

Ive taken DMAA on its own its not bad, I think the caffeine makes it feel more speedy

no problems here, bought some off bulknutrients a while ago. I haven't experienced any negative side effects like crashes or headaches. it helps with concentration. sometimes i don't feel anything from it eventhough i only take it once or twice a fortnight.

Thanks for that info Nazzy.

I;m yet to try mine, now that I think about it, I should of had it for todays, maybe I'll try some Friday if i;m buggered. If i rememebr I'll let yous know how it goes.

no problems here, bought some off bulknutrients a while ago. I haven't experienced any negative side effects like crashes or headaches. it helps with concentration. sometimes i don't feel anything from it eventhough i only take it once or twice a fortnight.

Yep the sides come from the caffeine...

Everyone is different... I don't get any sides either...

Thanks for that info Nazzy.

I;m yet to try mine, now that I think about it, I should of had it for todays, maybe I'll try some Friday if i;m buggered. If i rememebr I'll let yous know how it goes.

If your talking about pure DMAA....

Just make sure you don't overdose... This stuff is potent... May take a couple of goes to figure out the right dose for you...

Results in intense workouts and concentration.... Meanwhile afterwards you will be cruisey as!!!!

You cant really compare the two....

DMAA is sold 100% pure... Whereas less then 1% of Jack3d will be dmaa..

IMO the addition of creatine, beta analine and caffeine makes the preworkout a better option depending on price... The BN preworkout NT is like $19 for 250grams

You could always take the DMAA with a cup of coffee I suppose and add some creatine monohydrate and beta analine...

Thanks for the advice!

I'm contemplating purchasing a 5g DMAA and a 250g Pre Workout NT to give them a go and compare the 2.

I bought Mesomorph and stopped using it because I hardly felt anything and am currently using 1.M.R but want to stop because orange tastes like metamucil lol its so gross and hard to drink.

Mesomorph apparently has a higher level of DMAA in it and lower levels of caffeine but I don't seem to get overly focused or pumped from this product so should I steer away from the pure DMAA? and If Jack3d and 1.M.R worked best for me should I learn towards the Pre workout NT? I guess its going to be trial and error but this pre workout supp testing is turning out to be quite expensive.

Pre workout NT is pretty cheap ($37 inc postage, 250g) but how does it compare to Jack3d ($50, 250g), Mesomorph ($60, 388g) and 1.M.R ($60, 250g) in terms of value for money/effectiveness of the ingredients?

I've tried googling the ingredients values but the brand name products label their ingredient values as a "proprietary blend" and don't show exact measurements.

Nazzy you seem quite knowledgable about pre workout supps so I thought I'd ask these questions.

Any further advice would be much appreciated :D

Anybody have any more updated reviews on pure dmaa.
It does seem fairly cheap. Think I'll just order the 5gms and give it a trial.

Anybody have any more updated reviews on pure dmaa.
It does seem fairly cheap. Think I'll just order the 5gms and give it a trial.

Your best shot it to just try it and keep in mind that I found that the recommended dosage 25mg wasn't enough to get any noticeable effect.
With 100mg is certainly made me alert and edgy and felt like I powered through my workout more so than usual although the downside was not being able to sleep that night since I work out at the end of the day and also gave me a very noticeable speed/stim dick and therefore haven't touched the stuff since.

Is this stuff a problem for work based drug testing or just ASADA? Being legal I wouldn't think so but worth asking.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Had 3 scoops of Jack3d for the first time in a long time at about 6pm yesterday before my session. I have never been that focused before, it was brilliant. I felt extremely happy and awake. I dont remember it working that well before, probably because I gave it a rest for a long time. However, didnt get to sleep until about 1am. And I can usually skull a coke zero and sleep within minutes...

I assume credit should be given to the DMAA. I am just worried about the bad press DMAA has had recently, being linked to deaths etc. Does anyone have any information regarding the serious health problems DMAA can cause? If the side affects is temporary stuff like limp dick etc I can live with that… But if it is gonna make my heart explode then I will avoid it again.

Stim dick...? hahahahahah, im fully armed and ready for combat after hitting the gym and smashing jacked. I dont know what all the hating is about, the stuff basically revolutionised the concentrated preworkout craze.

Stim dick...? hahahahahah, im fully armed and ready for combat after hitting the gym and smashing jacked. I dont know what all the hating is about, the stuff basically revolutionised the concentrated preworkout craze.
Hmm well I guess it can still be beneficial to stock up on DMAA in case it gets banned...
BTW how long does ur stimdick usually last if u do get it :p

Guys, there seems to be a bit of mis information in this post about DMAA, so I will try to clarify some issues.

It is a completely legal stimulant, as leagal as caffeine.
The only exception to this is that if you are competing in any sports which governmed by ASADA, then it is banned for use while in competition.
This means you are free to take it any other time, but it is best to get off it before competitions.

If you do compete in an ASADA tested event, ensure you stop using it for at least a week. The only positives I have heard are from people who had it within 48 hours of an event.

Regarding drug tests at work.
Before anyone freaks out, again this is a completely legal substance.
In a work site drug test they will be testing for ampehatmines and derivitaves of it - such as MDMA (ecstasy), and likely opites, marijuana.

As the structure for DMAA is quite different to ampehatmine unless they have a very general test then it will not show up.
If you were taking this substance and failed a test, you would only have to give an explaantion as to what you are taking and you should be fine.
Subdtances such as DMAA are well known now so this shouldn't be an issue at all.

Back onto the effects of the acftual substance.
DMAA is a very powerful stimulant which has similar qualities to caffeine. It seems to be about 6 - 8 times as strong as caffeine though so a much lower dose is required - most people start with 25mg (which is 1/40th of a gram).
The use of micro scales is recommended when metering this out, for better accuracy it is a good idea to weigh out 4 doses at once (100mg) and split that into 4.

As someone pointed out, the side effects (particularly the come down) from this should be less than that of caffeine, this does tend to differ between people though.
Like any powerful CNS activator, best results come from using it only on training days and you will get better results if you reduce stimulant use at other times of the day (ie less energy drinks and coffee).

If you find you are requiring larger and larger doses then I stringly recommend cycling off it for at least a few weeks and the starting again.

When used properly (ie not before bed) DMAA can be an extremely effective supp for both energy and focus as well as weight loss. It will kill your appetitie, so is not ideal for bulking. At a price such as ours of $19 for 5g (200 serves) you can get your pre workout hit for less than 10 cents a dose!

1,3 - DIMETHYLAMYLAMINE (DMAA) - 5G

Nazzy, that was a good read.
Yep, it is looking less and less likely that DMAA exists in its natural form in any extracted version of gernaium. I have had many discussions with some techs in China and its likely that all geranium powder sourced from there (and anywhere else) is simply fotified with synthetic dmaa.
The reason I suppose is so that people can claim it is a natural product.

Funnily enough, when we first started selling geranium extract I received several emails from disgruntled customers who were wondeirng why the geranium we provided was a smelly green powder, rather than a white powder similar to one that they had bought previously from the U.S
I then explained that they had previously bought pure DMAA )which happened to be labelled as geranium extract) and that one was a natural product - which ironically now probably isn't, and one is a pure synthesied ingredient.
Still wonder why people didn't question the fact their plant extract was a pure white powder!